Chapter 25 - Priming

The night has risen into the sky. The town became solemn as people have already tucked themselves in. Only one thing echoes on the path towards the guild.

The steps echoing from the flame-haired individual running and panting. He rushes to the guild and stopped as soon as he saw the guild lights still on. He quickly ran and opened the gate to see the hall empty, but on the corner of the hall there are a select few of people chatting.

It was Makarov, Mirajane, Laxus and Erza. The 4 of them turned around to the sound of the gate creaking. They saw Natsu hastily running towards their position.

Mirajane shouted as Natsu fell on his knees. ''Natsu!'' as the others stood up from their seat and swiftly ran up to him.

Natsu looked up to them and clenched his teeth. The combination of irregular sleeps, exhaustion and frustration has sipped into his body making him lose all his strength.

He clamped his fists together and punched the ground. ''I let him take Lucy again!'' he yelled.

''Why can't he just take me?! What did Lucy do in order to deserve this?'' as Natsu again punched the ground out of frustration.

Mirajane aided Natsu to stand up and brought him up to sit in the chair. ''Calm down for now.'' and he followed.

The other three walked up to him and comforted him. ''Tell me.'' Makarov said.

''He got her again..and I couldn't do anything again!'' he cried out in frustration. Laxus flinched and clenched his fists as he heard what took place. He then clicked his tongue and walked towards Natsu.

He grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. ''And you let him get away that easily?'' he calmly said but you could feel anger and disappointment in his words. 

Makarov tapped Laxus in his shoulders and looked at him. ''You're in no position to talk, Laxus.'' He was caught off-guard and soon let Natsu go.

Makarov then knelt down to get on his level and gave a reassuring smile. ''What happened, happened. You probably couldn't have done anything in that situation, judging that you are not the person who would standby to see his comrades get kidnapped.''

Natsu who had his face down the whole time looked up, but then he frowned. ''I'm sorry, Master. I'm sorry I couldn-'' he didn't get to finish.

''Shhh. You don't have to apologize. Our primary concern right now should be Lucy. Natsu, tell us what happened next.'' Natsu frantically tried to think of what occurred next.

His face was stunned, but then he spoke in verbatim. 

''Powers that can vanquish even the Gods themselves, born both as a blessing and curse.'' he paused to think again. Everyone averted their gaze.

''Powers? That can vanquish even the Gods themselves? Blessing? Curse?'' Laxus puzzled proceeded to look at Makarov.

He saw Makarov holding his chin then he groaned. ''Powers that can vanquish even the Gods themselves, huh?'' Makarov said.

''Maybe it's tha-'' Mirajane tried to speak, but was soon cut off by Natsu.

''The time of the Fairies has come to an end. Soon, the king's power would be robbed. When that happens, the fairies would be rendered useless.'' he said while looking dazed.

Everyone gasped in shock of what they've heard. ''Our time has come to an end? Does he mean to kills all of us?'' Laxus bluntly said which made everyone shudder. 

''The king's power would be robbed? I guess that he means Master.'' Mirajane added. 

Erza who was silent the whole time spoke. ''It's safe to assume that it is, but we can't say it for certain.''

''In any case, they're coming for us.'' Makarov said. They all sighed, but melancholy could still be seen in Natsu's face.

''Don't worry, Natsu. She'll be fine.'' Erza said without hesitation. Mirajane spoke.

''How can you be so sure? I mean we're talking about the enemy here.'' 

Erza once again sighed. ''Idiot. If they planned to take us down, I don't see the need to go through all this.''

Makarov became suddenly puzzled. ''What do you mean, Erza?'' 

Erza turned around to look at Makarov. '' I mean wouldn't their success in taking us down be higher if they didn't have to kidnap Lucy and go through all their way to warn us of their attack. That's just me.'' Makarov who was enlightened sat on the chair.

''I see. Makes sense. If they kidnapped Lucy, they must want something from us.'' he said.

''Lumen Histoire.'' Laxus said, and this time all eyes were on Makarov.

''Master, we're in a dire situation. We need to know everything, right now.'' Erza begged. Makarov could only look at them and sighed at the end.

''I can't. Lumen Histoire isn't something you must  know about.'' as soon as Makarov said that Natsu got up from his place and tried to grab Makarov's collar, but he was soon stopped by Erza and Mirajane.

''Master! Can't you see?! They already got Lucy! They are one step ahead of us!'' as Natsu tried to break free from their grip.

''I agree with him. If they're after Lumen Histoire, then how do we protect something which don't know about? Let alone its location.'' Laxus said.

''Time will come, you'll understand why I've kept it a secret.'' He said which made Natsu more furious than he was. 

''What we can do right now is wait.'' Makarov said. 

Erza, who was holding Natsu, let go of him. ''Why would we wait, Master!? It would be better if we find Lucy as soo-'' this time Makarov's aura filled the atmosphere which made all flinch.

''You all need to calm down. This is Hades we are up against.'' they followed and sat in the chairs forming a circle.

''You're not the only ones who are frustrated with what's happening. But, let me get straight to the point.'' everyone straightened their backs and became serious.

''Most likely they will come after the guild. If he said soon, then it's most probably near.'' no one spoke and only nodded.

''We will begin our preparations tomorrow morning. For now, everyone needs their rest. But before you go.'' Makarov cleared his throat.

''Our first step would be informing everyone to prepare for an attack. Might as well tighten our defense just in case they come right in our front door. That would be all.'' Everyone quietly left without batting an eye. 

As soon as the doors closed, Makarov looked up to the ceiling, which then revealed the shining light of the moon.

he sighed.

''I hope I made the right decision, Master Mavis.''

________________________________________________________

Late as always! No excuse :(

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!

- Junho