Chapter 24 - Recurrence

Third Person P.O.V

Everyone in Fairy Tail were drinking their hearts out, singing songs of joy. The usual behavior of Fairy Tail, one might say.

Suddenly two figures has entered through the gate. All eyes were on them.

It was Natsu and Lucy.

Mirajane walked towards them and welcomed them back. ''Welcome back, Natsu and Lucy.'' as Mirajane flashed a smile. The other members who were merrily drinking welcomed them back too.

The pair smiled in return. ''Thank you, everyone!'' Natsu yelled, Lucy bowed, and everyone went back drinking in their places.

''How did it go?'' Mirajane started, which made the pair lose the smile on their faces. Mirajane got worried and took a step back.

She sighed. ''I guess..you found nothing?'' Lucy shut her eyes and gave out a big sigh.

''We..'' Lucy was on the verge of crying, when Natsu tapped her in the shoulders. 

He looked back at Mirajane. ''I'll tell everything. For now, why don't we head to Master? We met someone in the apartment where everything happened.'' 

Mirajane didn't say anything and nodded in return. Lucy and Natsu followed her, wherein they went straight to Makarov who was drinking on the bar.

Makarov who was drunk, but still taking in beer, noticed the three walking towards him. 

He smiled and burped. ''Welcome back, children.'' as he drunk again from his beer. Makarov then dropped the glass of beer he was holding and suddenly became serious. He looked like he was already over the beer and was sober.

''Anything?'' Makarov said. The two flinched and averted their gaze. The only thing he could do was look at them.

Natsu looked back straight into Makarov's eyes. ''We thought we could find something in his previous apartment. Well we did, but not something we were expecting from.'' Natsu said then paused for a moment.

''But, we found someone instead.'' Makarov leaned back to the edge of the bar.

'' 'Someone' ?'' as he raised an eyebrow.

''It was Ivan, Master.'' Natsu said without hesitation.  Makarov jumped from his seat and Mirajane shudder when they heard the name.

Makarov sighed and sat back down on his seat. ''And?'' he said.

''He told us to stop looking for him, and that he is coming for the 'lie'.'' Natsu said and Makarov held his chin and thought for a moment.

''I'm guessing that  bye 'he', he means Purehito?'' 

''I guess so. But, what does he mean that he'll be coming for the 'lie'? Does he mean Lumen Histoire?'' Makarov rosed up, but was still in his seat. He, once again, held his chin and went into a deep thought.

Lucy looked at Makarov with confusion. ''Something wrong, Master?'' Makarov didn't hesitate and replied.

''Nothing. As what we've discuss, Lumen Histoire is Fairy Tail's greatest weapon.'' they've all nodded their heads in unison to what Makarov said.

''If what Ivan said was true, then he will come for Lumen Histoire.'' Mirajane said, but soon she raised an eyebrow and looked directly at Makarov.

''Now that you mention it, Master!'' Mira said.

''Hm?'' Makarov replied.

''Where is Lumen Histoire placed? I mean, I think most of us don't know where it is.'' Mirajane said. Makarov straightened his back before speaking.

''It's in a place where no one will find.'' he said which made them sigh out.

''If that's the case, then-'' Mirajane didn't get to finish.

''But.'' Their attention was glued to Makarov.

''If we're talking about Hades here, we might be in trouble.'' the three were disappointed and felt down.

''But then again, I am here to protect it.'' Makarov smiled which made the three of them reassured, and flashed a smile in return.

''You two should get some rest for the day. Especially you, Lucy. I don't you've had a proper rest ever since you left the guild.'' Makarov showed a concerned look to Lucy.

''We'll do that, Master.'' Natsu said in return. Lucy only nodded and proceeded to walk towards the door.

''Wait up, Lucy!'' Natsu yelled which made Lucy turn her back to see him running towards her with a gleeful smile. Happy who wasn't by Natsu's side for awhile has now come in flying towards Natsu.

''NATSU!'' as the cat crashed into him.

Natsu laughed and rubbed Happy's head. ''We haven't seen each other for hours only, Happy!''

''Still!'' Happy said. Lucy closed the distance between them.

''What were you going to say, Natsu?'' she asked.

''Let us accompany you on the way! Been awhile since we went in your place too!'' he joyfully said.

Lucy only giggled. ''Do as you wish.'' she said while she went on her way outside of Fairy Tail.

''Wait for us!'' as Natsu panting trying to catch up to Lucy, while Happy flies towards her. Natsu groaned.

''You have it easy, don't you?'' but Happy decided to ignore Natsu and hummed through out his rants.

They chatted things about this and that while they were on their way to Lucy's apartment. The sun had already set and the night was about to take over.

As they've arrived in the apartment, they all stopped and turned to look at each other.

''I guess this is where we part?'' as Lucy giggled. Natsu and Happy smiled in return. They distanced themselves a bit and turn to face Lucy again.

''I guess it is. Take care and rest lots, Lucy!'' as both Natsu and Happy waved at her. Lucy waved back in return.

That's when suddenly shadowy figure appeared at the back of Lucy. It quickly got hold of Lucy by her body and casted something on her which made her lose her consciousness.

''Lucy!'' as Natsu quickly tried to save Lucy, but he was soon stopped on his tracks when he started feeling dizzy. Happy who was flying suddenly down straight onto the floor lying unconscious. ''Happy!''

'What's happening? Why is my magic being drained?' as his knees gave out and knelt onto the floor grabbing his temple.

When he looked onto the floor he saw markings of magic layed out on the floor. He then looked back to the person holding Lucy.

''Don't worry, you'll be back up soon.'' as Natsu flinched when the voice sounded familiar, but somehow different than it used to be. The individual then removed his cloak and revealed the person who Natsu was finding.

''(Y/N)?'' he called out unsure. It only grinned.

''Now's not the time for chit-chat unfortunately, Natsu.'' it said. Natsu wanted to speak, but it spoke before he could.

''Power that can vanquish even the Gods themselves, born both as a blessing and a curse.'' it said, but Natsu couldn't quite understand.

It spoke before it left.

''The time of the Fairies has come to an end. Soon, the king's power would be robbed. When that happens the fairies would be rendered wingless.''

____________________________________________________________________

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!

- Junho