Chapter 20 - Journey to find the lost boy

Third Person P.O.V

''What're you gonna do?'' Natsu asked with concern.

Lucy looked straight into Natsu's eyes before answering him.

''I'm gonna find him.'' she said without hesitation, but you could tell that she meant more than what she said. Almost like she were asking what Natsu's gonna do.

Natsu sighed and averted his gaze away from Lucy. ''If that's what you want, there's nothing we can do about that.''

''Are you serious, Natsu?'' Natsu was taken aback from her question and looked at Lucy with confusion.

''Excuse me?'' Natsu said in reply.

Lucy looked at Natsu with melancholy.

''No. Forget I even asked.'' Lucy said seriously.

Lucy bowed out of respect to everyone and went straight into the exit without looking back. But to her surprise, there stood Juvia blocking her way.

''Tell me, why do all this? Don't tell me you're under his control?'' Juvia questioned and Lucy only looked at her.

''You'd do the same if Gray were in his situation, Juvia. But, you know what surpises me even more?'' she stares at Juvia and turned around to look at everyone in the hallway.

''You all stand here having the same guild mark as I do.'' Lucy said calmly, but every word had her feelings in it.

''What did you say?!--'' as Juvia tried to attack Lucy, but Erza stopped her. ''Stop Juvia!''

''But, Erza-san! She---'' she didn't get to finish as Lucy spoke.

''Have you all forgotten what this guild mark stands for?'' she asked. No one answered.

''Didn't we promise to help one of our own? That we would never forsake our friends?'' she simultaneously asked. ''I'll ask again, if we were in (Y/N)'s place, wouldn't we have come to their aid?'' she said as they were all left speechless.

Lucy flashed a sarcastic smile. ''Or is it because you guys never thought of (Y/N) as being one of us?''

''Lucy! You didn't have to put it tha-'' Erza didn't get to finish as Lucy wasn't even listening.

''Am I right?'' Everyone, for the second time, was left speechless again.

Lucy took their silence as a yes and left the guild.

Lucy P.O.V

I need to find (Y/N). I just feel it.

I just feel that he needs someone right now.

The words he left before I blacked out. It sounded like he was pleading me to find him.

No. He was pleading for us to find him and I can't ignore that.

'But, what if this is all just an assumption and he did really fell on to their side?'

The other part of my consciousness questioned. What if..

NO! It's too late to go back on my words now. I need to find him.

But, where do I start? Well, this is embarrassing. I confidently claimed that I will find him, yet I don't know a thing about his whereabouts. Just thinking about it makes my cheeks grow red.

I slapped both of my cheeks to stop myself from thinking about it. ANYWAYS!

Going back to what I should be thinking about. Where do I start finding him? Think Lucy! THINK!

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

AHA! That old lady!

The old lady that Mira-san was talking about where she saw someone with a Grimoire Heart guild mark. I started walking towards the street where she heard the news.

Hmm.. If what I've heard is correct, then it's this apartment. Well, she's the only old lady here in this street. Of course it is, Lucy! Common Sense!

For some unknown reason, I felt a bit nervous before I entered the apartment. 'Suck it up', as I try to motivate myself.

I twisted the door knob and there a not-so-large lounge appeared before me. From the entrance you could see a door that, which I think, mentions the landlord's name. I quickly walked towards that direction.

I gave out a sigh before handling the door knob to open the door, but to my surprise someone from the inside already opened the door before me.

Judging from the appearance, she must be the old lady that Mira-san was talking about.

''Oh. What brings you here, young lady? Are you here to rent one of my apartment?'' as she looked at me with surprise.

''U-uh, no. I'm here to ask something personal. Would it be okay if you could spare some of your time?'' at first she looked dismayed, probably because she thought I was about to rent one of her rooms, but she then gave out a sigh in return and replied.

''Sure sure. I'm free at the moment anyways. Come on inside.'' as she opened the door widely to reveal a office-kind of ambience room. It looks pretty neat.

She sat down on of the couches and offered me a sit, which I gladly accepted, and there I sighed again. How many times must I sigh?

''So? What do you wanna talk about, young lady?'' she started.

''Let me get straight to the point. If you don't mind me asking, I heard from my friend that you were an acquaintance of someone who had the Grimoire Heart guild mark.'' I said which brought shock to her face. I could tell that she was panicking a little bit.

''I-i don't kn-'' She stuttered, but I didn't let her finish and spoke.

''Please Ma'am. His life is in danger and I need to help him.'' I said without hesitation. She was silent until she frowned and averted her gaze.

''After the night I forced him to leave, I don't know where he went.'' I frowned at her response.

''Do you know where he could have went?'' I asked hoping that she knows.

''I'm sorry, but I know nothing of the sort.'' Again, I was disappointed. I'm back at square one again. I stood up ready to leave.

''That's okay, Ma'am. Thank you for your time. I'll be on my way.'' I said and was about to open the door when she spoke.

''Excuse me.'' as I turned around to look at her.

''If you ever find him, tell him I'm sorry. I was taken by my emotions and lashed out on him.'' I don't know what she's talking, but I kinda have an idea on what it is. I gave a nod in response and smiled.

I bowed down and closed the door leaving her in the room. I went out of the building and for the nth time I sighed.

'Where do I find him now?' I said to myself.

''Lu-Lucy?'' someone called behind my back and I was surprised at who it was.

''Na-Natsu?''

_____________________________________________________________________________

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!🍷

- Junho