Chapter 27 - The King's Fall

Third Person's P.O.V

The next day was just like back in those days where Fairy Tail had no worries and enjoyed those moments wherein they could just sit back, drink to their hearts, tell stories and whatnot.

But, few of them have their guards up while mixing in. Those few kept their smiles and chatted with their members despite knowing that any time they could be under attack.

Makarov let out a cry of joy from drinking beer. ''Oi! Mira! Hand me another!'' Erza, who saw Makarov drinking more than usual, walked towards him.

''Master.'' she muttered enough to be heard by Makarov, and he turned to face Erza who called him.

''Hmm? What seems to be the problem, Erza-chwan?'' he said sounding drunk. Erza sighed.

''Don't you think you're too into your acting? I would appreciate it if you would keep your guard up.''

''Lighten up, Erza. Being too tense right now won't help you.'' Erza sighed. She turned her back and spoke before going on her way to patrol.

''Neither is being too relaxed.'' she countered as she sighed and went back to where she was. 

The day passed normally with no signs of attacks. The sun started going down, yet there was no sign of them.

Those who knew of the information were puzzled were disappointed and reassured at the same time. 

Disappointed thinking that they could clear out the trouble early. Reassured for they didn't have to worry about anything.

But of course, they knew that they had to keep their guard up higher than it already it is. Just like that, the sun is completely gone from the sky and the nightly moon shines throughout Magnolia.

It was almost time for most people to be in their homes and tucked in. Most of their companions have went on their way home.

The same group the day before were left behind in the empty hall discussing what happened the whole day. The only one missing was Erza.

They all sat down. A moment of silence covered the atmosphere, but was broken by Makarov.

''They probably won't attack.'' He started then the others stood up shocked at what he said.

''But-'' they didn't get to finish as Makarov bumped in.

''Is what I'd like to say, but I guess that would be unreasonable to think of.'' the other's awestruck expression were changed with confusion.

''I don't think I need to explain what our next move would be, do I?'' he asked which all of them understood. They looked at each other and looked back to Makarov.

They gave a nod in return. Mira who looked relentless kept looking around her. ''What seems to be the problem Mira, my dear?'' he asked. She looked at him puzzled as ever.

''Where's Erza, Master?'' she asked.

''I sent her to find Lucy.'' Natsu sprung up from his seat. He proceeded to sit closer to Makarov. He then spoke.

''And you let her search alone? You could have asked me Master!'' he said loudly, but he tried to say it as calm as possible. 

''If I did, what would you do? If we did find their base, would you just plainly knock at gate and ask to free her? Now is not the time to act based on our emotions, Natsu. You need to understand that every action we do right now has its equal cost.'' He said which made Natsu tone down and sat down back in his seat.

Makarov sighed. ''Anyway, I sent Erza knowing that she could the job. We won't have a problem if she comes across some obstacles. We could rely on her. She wasn't called 'Titania' for nothing.'' he said to reassure the kids.

''She won't be long. I advised her to search around Magnolia of the moment. It would be unwise to send her out on a long journey alone. I will you request some of you to step up and help her in search for Lucy.'' He looked directly at all of them.

''Am I making myself clear?'' he asked and they answered. ''Yes, Master.''

While they waited for Erza's return they chatted more about trivial things and the sort. Time passed, but she was still nowhere returning to the guild.

''It's almost past bed time, Master.'' Mira said while he was holding his chin with his hand.

''That's strange.'' as soon as he said that the door abruptly opened to reveal a female in black robe covering her face came in carrying Erza in her back.

''Erza!'' as they all went straight towards the person holding her. The female in a robe then leaned back and knelt down.

While they were busy checking up on Erza, the female in a black robe spoke.

''We need to treat her fast!'' she said.

''We know that! What do you thin-?''  They stopped mid way as they noticed a familiar voice. The girl in a robe then began removing the hood.

''Lucy!'' Natsu called out to her name as soon as he saw the girl who was kidnapped.

''We can celebrate later, Natsu. Erza's health comes first.'' she said trying to get Erza first aid as soon as possible. The other only looked at her and noticed them.

''I'll explain everything later.'' she said and the others couldn't agree more and proceeded to carry her in the infirmary. 

While Mira was tending to Erza's wound, they noticed that Makarov and Lucy were gone. They didn't mind the first time. They thought that she was just explaining to Makarov what happened.

''Natsu. Go check up on them. Don't worry, I got this under control.'' she said and Natsu followed.

When he opened the door. He heard a drip, and then he looked down beneath his foot to see what he stepped on.

He froze on the spot as he saw what he stepped on.

It was a puddle of blood. Mira who was busy with Erza's condition saw right through the door what Natsu saw next.

It was Makarov lying down with dripping from where he was stabbed. But, the most shocking to them was the person beside it who committed the crime. It had dead eyes when it locked on to their sight.

It was Lucy.

_____________________________________________________________

Not the best update I could give, I know. I just didn't feel well at the moment. Too many things to juggle at once. You know what I mean..But, anyways. Problems,difficulty, worries have toned down the last few days. But, I only had the leisure to continue this story right now. My bad as always.

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!

- Junho