Chapter Four: Quinn

It got worse.
  Not only is my brother on steroids, but we were under ground on an alien spaceship that was slowly eating away at my scientific mind. To top it off, we had people chasing us through hallways.
   At least I hope they were people.
  Right now I can't really trust my own rationality.
  High arching metal beams rose over our heads.
  "Tommy!" I whispered harshly. He jerked to a stop and I pointed up.
  He nodded and held out his hand. I placed my foot in his palms and he launched me toward the ceiling.
  My hands gripped the smooth metal surface and I pulled myself up to straddle the rafter. Tommy crouched and jumped, grabbing the rafter on his rapid descent. He hauled himself over as five teens and a small figure appeared at the end of the hall.
   "Alpha, are you sure there were people on the ship?" Asked a familiar male voice. I suddenly remembered where I had heard it and became silently flustered.
   It was Jason Scott, from Angel Grove high. We have third period English together since I moved here. He was typical jock, but here he sounded more like a leader than his usual class clown persona. I think Tommy had detention with him.
   "I'm quite positive master Jason." The figure spoke in a roughly human tone with metallic accents.
  "Oh please no." I muttered under my breath.
   The robots head peeked up and he cast his disk like head toward us. The group's lights trained on us. "What did I say huh?" The robot, Alpha, said smugly.
   Tommy growled, far to animalistic for my liking, pulling out his pocket knife.
   "Tommy no!" I tried to grab him but he had already lunged. He fell onto Jason and the two went tumbling in the dirt.
  I dropped from my post and landed silently on my feet.
  Jason knocked Tommy off and stood to his feet.
   "You two can't be here!" Alpha yelled as I helped Tommy to his feet. I found Tommy's pocket knife, knowing that if he had a deadly weapon while he was having one of his rage fits, he would use it, I stuffed it in my pocket without him noticing.
  Everyone's eyes trained on me and I froze up. I couldn't talk. I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything.
   Tommy sprung for the group again, and I couldn't act fast enough. Alpha thrust out his arm, which extended. Tommy dodged the appendage, which ended up hitting me in the chest, sending me backwards against the hard stone wall.
   The wind was knocked out of me as I crumpled to the floor.
   I heard Tommy scream my name and saw a blinding flash of green light.
  Darkness blurred my vision, until all but a pinprick of white light shone through my eyes.
  It seemed to be a tunnel, small enough to crawl through. I took this chance and started slowly making my way toward the light.
   The tunnel walls closed tightly around me as I wriggled my way through. A plus side of being overly skinny.
   The darkness left my vision, leaving only the small tunnel and the blinding white light at the end. Something called to me.
   The light could be the only explanation.
   So I crawled toward it.