Chapter Eleven: Tommy

Finding this staff was not the highlight of the day but I wasn't going to give up cause I was bored. Rita said the staff was made of gold, so it wouldn't be hard to find, right? Wrong. It must have shattered when she fought the megazord because the only large part of the staff I found was the top. Golden teeth were inlaid into a curved and spiked head. There was a small broken part of the main body, but it only fit in one hand. I made my way back to my house with what I found.
Rita was standing in the living room looking at a picture of my family when I walked in.
"Ok, I found the top but the police probably have the rest." I held out the staff. I could feel it pull away from my grasp even before I let go. As she turned around to look at the broken piece of gold, I saw she already had a staff. The head mimicked the broken one but it was as tall as she was and made from a dark black metal, almost like obsidian but smoother. Once the broken staff landed in her palm, the bottom grew and and extended to the length of the second. She threw the black staff down. It hovered there for a minute and then glided it's way toward me.
"Oh how I missed you," she said almost cooing to the long length of gold. She turned to stare at me, a sense of cruel happiness plaster to her grin. "You have done well, and for that I'll reward you." She pointed to the black staff. "Pick it up."
I reached down and picked up the piece of metal. The cold surface chilled my fingers to the bone. I couldn't help but shiver.
"Think if something, anything and I'll make you the weapon of the rangers destruction, and your brothers safety."
"Well, when I was little, Quinn and I used to sword fight and I went on to fence for a while."
"So a sword, but nothing big and bulky like that piece of garbage the red ranger carries." She snapped and the staff in my hand started to shrink and widen into a dagger shaped blade the length of my forearm. The handle fit perfect to my palm. "How is that?"
I looked at the blade. It was about as wide as two rulers and made of the dark black metal the staff was. The center had changed into the dark forest green to match my armor and golden button like pieces stuck out of the flat edge. "It's great... but what will I do when I don't need it? I can't just walk around with a short sword strapped to my belt."
"You're right, that would be a predicament." She tapped her chin. "How about this," she snapped again and the dagger shrunk into a dark black and green Rolex watch that strapped itself to my wrist. "I noticed quite a few human males wearing these...'time pieces'. It should serve its purpose now." She laughed. "Now you have your weapon, and I have my warrior. I will call you in time, but for now, watch, listen, and learn." She laughed and disappeared in a cloud of green mist.
"Well," I said out loud. "As if this day wasn't the weirdest of all."