Chapter Fourteen: Quinn

Chapter fourteen:
Quinn:
   I wiped the grease off my blackened hands onto the white tank top that now hung on my hip. My bare shoulders burned from the effort of fixing the Mastodon zord.
   I had spent the whole night repairing the zords from their fight with Rita some months earlier. They all needed  it.
   Alpha brought out a cooler of water and handed me a bottle. "Well done Master Quinn." He said examining the zords. "They are perfectly restored. How did you learn this?"
   "My dad was a mechanic. He taught me and Tommy all about cars and engines. These aren't much different." I said sipping the water and riffling through my bag. I washed the extra grease off my hands and pulled on a new black shirt.
   I grabbed my back pack and made for the exit. "I'll see you later Alpha."
   "Wait." He called after me. "Zordon wanted to see you before you left."
   Puzzled I followed him back through the ship.
   We made it to the control room and Zordon's face appeared in front of us. "Ah, Quinn. I see you fixed the zords. Excellent work."
   "Thank you Zordon. Alpha said you needed me?"
   His face turned solemn. "Yes. We have something for you."
   Alpha came around and pulled out an intricate metal box. White light pulsed from the negative spaced carvings. It was about as long as my arm, with two locks on either end.
   "Its finished?" I asked.
   "Yes and in record time I might add." Alpha exclaimed smugly.
   I unclipped the locks and opened the box. A single edged ,curved saber laid in a plush velvet bed. It's long handle curved slightly opposite the direction of the blade and held the snarling visage of a white tiger on its pommel. The blade itself had some negative space carved above the bevel and a rail that went around the top of the blade made of the same white metal of the hilt. Two golden hand guards stuck out from either side of the hilt like teeth.
   In front of it, pushed into the velvet was a coin like the other Rangers. But this one held a white gem circled with gold. I could see a faint outline of a tiger in the coins surface. Prismatic white light glowed off the stone like radioactivity.
   "It's perfect Zordon." I pulled out the coin and saber.
   "To activate the sword you must name it. A name will give it power." Zordon said as I pocketed the coin and studied the blade.
   "Let's see... a name." I thought back to my dad. He had an old white motorcycle he used to drive around. He loved white tigers and even named his bike after one his friend worked with. It was called- "Saba."
    The blade glowed and disappeared, leaving a small white metal bracelet on my right hand. A snarling tiger was etched into the metal.
   "Thank you Zordon." I gathered up my bags and head for the exit, not wanting to be late for school. "I can't wait to show the others."
   "Remember you cannot show you brother. If he is indeed working for Rita, She must not know we have a weapon to use against her."
   This thought tore at me the rest of the day. Hiding something from Tommy. That would damage the trust we had. But now, things were different. I had to stay strong.
   For Tommy's Sake.