Chapter Twenty: Quinn

I sat on the edge of Jason's bed, shivering under the blanket he had wrapped around my bare shoulders.
   Jason dabbed a wet cloth against my forehead as his mom worked downstairs in the kitchen, warming up some soup to help break the fever that had settled over me.
   I stayed silent. Thinking about how to press on. How I could go on knowing that if I made the wrong choice, everyone was doomed.
   But if I made the right choice, who would survive? Tommy? My friends?
   "Hey, you alright?" Jason had asked the same question ten minutes ago. He shook my shoulders a bit and pushed me out of my daze.
   "What if I made the wrong choice?" I asked, tears welling back up in my eyes. "What if what I choose kills people?"
   "Shh." He cooed comfortingly, laying my head on his chest. "It's not your fault. You can't blame this on yourself."
   I pushed myself slightly off his chest and looked him dead in the eyes. "But what if it kills people Jason?"
   He didn't answer.
  My head sunk and I started sobbing. Jason's mom dropped the soup off at the end of the bed and sat down with us. Her delicate hand stroked my shoulder comfortingly. "Quinn, you have to eat. The soup will help break your fever."
   I mouthed a thank you, my voice to hoarse to use and sat up, tightening the blanket around my shoulders.
   "Jason can I talk to you?" His mom asked and they both got up, leaving me alone.
   Once they left the room, I dropped the blanket from my shoulders and grabbed my bag. I pulled on my hoodie and jacket and made my way over to the window.
   The bowl of soup caught my eye. I silently regretted it, but I hurried back over, downed the bowl of soup and walked back to the window. 
   "Quinn." I stopped, half way through the window. "Don't go. Not now. We still have to figure this out."
   I climbed back through the window to stare at Jason. He was wearing a pair loose fitting red plaid  pajama pants. His shirtless torso was rippled with muscles. After I got my coin, I looked the same but leaner, not as bulky as he looked. Even with messy hair, he looked as handsome as ever. "I'm sorry Jason. But I can't stand by and watch people get hurt because of my actions."
   Jason grabbed my arm. His grip was like a vice. "I'm not letting you leave. You're sick and you can't be out there with your brother working for Rita-"
   "He knows more about Zordon's plan than he lead me on about." I stepped up to face Jason. "If I want to be on even ground, I have to learn more about Rita's plan. And I can't very well do that stuck here."
   He grabbed jeans and a tee shirt. "Well I'm not letting you go alone." He changed out of his pants, and I had to look away. My face was obviously very red, considering the smug grin spreading across Jason's face. "What? Something distracting you?"
   "None of your business what's distracting me or not." I laughed.
   He smiled. "We can pick the others up on the way."
   I nodded and we made our way out the window.