Chapter - 1

Bella's POV:

As my summer vacation began, I decided to publish a love story on fancyread.com, which I wrote in my diary.
So I opened an account with them by name Jennifer Robbins, as I didn't wanna reveal my actual name.

I published the first part of my story named 'True Love'.

Evening when I checked the published part, there were twenty likes and five comments on it.

The people, whom I first made friends with were Estelle, Bill, Augustine and Phillip, as they were the ones who gave me positive and supportive comments.

And I felt really happy reading them.

Just then, a message popped up from Estelle, one of my readers.
She sent, "Hey Jennifer"

I felt nice and happy, for I could make new friends and replied, "Hello Estelle".

She asked me, "Which part of the country do you live in?"

And I replied, "I'm from the city Hillwood."

We had a chat for about fifteen minutes, describing ourselves and our school lives.
I then asked her, "By the way, which city are you from?"

And then, she stopped texting me.
I saw that it was dinner time and so, didn't text her too.

After dinner, I helped mom in washing the dishes, while dad and Tim were asleep, and Pluto was playing with his toy.

At around 11.30pm, I checked my phone to see if there were any notifications.
It was then, that I happened to see Estelle's message, which read-
"I'm sorry. I couldn't text you, as my pet is no more."

I felt bad for her, since I love pets more than anyone else.
"I'm sorry for that. By the way, what happened?" I asked her.

"My dog, Simmy vomited blood and died, after I gave her water", she replied.

"How's that possible? I mean, was the water polluted or something?"

"Nope. The water was normal filtered one."

"Don't worry. I know it's painful, but.. Just pray for her."

Just then, Pluto flashed my mind.
I recollected those beautiful memories, when he first came into my hands as a just born baby, at my Aunt's place.

I wanted to see him and so, went to Pluto and hugged him.
As my eyesight fell on his water tray, I noticed that it was empty and so, filled it.

May be he was very thirsty, he had water as soon as I filled it.
I felt bad for him, as it was summer and God knows when he had been thirsty from.

Immediately, he vomited blood and died, right before me and I tried waking him, helplessly. But my efforts were futile.

I called mom and dad.
"What happened, Bella?" Dad asked.

"Oh my god! What's this blood?" Mom asked me in shock.

I hugged mom and told everything that happened.

"Aww, don't worry honey. May be he wasn't well. We feel sad for him too."

"Oh mom. I'm the one who killed him!
Hadn't I given him water, he would've been playing with me now. It's all my fault", I told in tears.

"No, honey. It wasn't your fault. My be the water wasn't pure", dad told.

"No dad. I too had the same filtered water, before filling his tray.
There wasn't any change in the taste."

****************
Heyya guys!
This is my first story in the genre, mystery.

My horror story 'The Mansion You Fantasied' is at #5 in wattpad hotlist.
I hope you'd give me the same support and encouragement throughout...
Do vote, comment and share as much as you can :)
Good noon!