Chapter - 22

"Mom! What's this?" I asked with a half burnt document in my hand.

"What, Bella?
Oh, this? Where did you get this from?" She questioned me back.

"Mom, I want an answer. Not a question. Will you tell me what's this, at least now?"

"Uh! Bloody thing.
I tried to hide my girl from all these shit.
Anyways, now since you finally got to know, let me tell everything and clear my throat off", mom told.

She continued, "After seven years of my marriage, your dad wanted to adopt a baby girl and brought a five days baby, I never loved her though.
I thought my fate had no children and just moved on with that girl for a few days.

But to my surprise, I was blessed with a baby a year later. And that was you!
My own daughter."

"What did you do with that girl then, mom? Why isn't she here, now?"

"She's gone!"

"Gone where?"

"Gone forever! Never can she come back to my family!"

"What the hell, mom? How could you even hurt a baby?
How did you kill her?"

"I threw her in a river. She wasn't a baby.
Right from the day that unlucky girl entered my home, things weren't good with me."

"You can't say that, mom. In fact, I and Tim came into your life only after she did! Isn't it?
And dad? Dad didn't like her too?"

"Liked? He loved her like an idiot. For him, no other world existed other than his daughter's!
That was the reason I ended that selfish world."

"You didn't end any world! Everything that ended was only your humanity", a loud voice said.

Mom and I were confused when there wasn't anyone, whom we could see.

"Who.. Who're you?" I asked.

"My dad's world!" The voice answered.

I was shocked and felt bad for her, while mom got angry and shouted, "How could you even dare to come back, bloody girl?"