Chapter - 36

I got a shock at once, looking at Uncle Jason in the picture.

"Mom, mom! Who's this person.....", I asked an incomplete question, as I recollected that mom wasn't mom any more, but she's Jennifer now.

She laughed loud and asked me, "Oh! So you got a clue finally?"

I just ignored her and went to get my phone, so I could leave to Uncle Jason's place.
"Oh no, Tim! I can't leave Tim at home with mom in this state", I told myself.

"Tim, you're coming with me", I called him.

"But where are we going Bella ?" He asked.

"There isn't much time to answer all your questions. All you need to do is just come with me. I have some work at someone's place."

"But Bella, I don't want to......"

"You're coming. That's it!" I told and went to mom's room, to get that picture.

The picture wasn't there any more. It was burnt.

"What! How? I know you did it Jennifer", I told mom and left home with Tim.

As we reached Uncle Jason's home, we saw that it was locked.
I repeatedly made calls to him, but there wasn't any answer.

As I wasn't left with any other choice, I tried asking the neighbours about him.
"That old man was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance", a person told.

"What! But why? What happened to him?" I asked.

"I'm not aware of what exactly happened. But all I know is that he was bleeding due to an accident and immediately was taken to the hospital", he answered.

"Can you please tell me which hospital is he in?"

"Yeah, Great Armond Street Hospital", he told.

"Aww, sorry! Surprise had to be pre-poned sweetie. His birthday gift had to be given in advance. And here's the other gift..." someone whispered in my ear from behind.

As I turned, mom walked to the middle of the very busy road and was hit by a car. As her body fell on the other side of the road, another car hit her and she fell on the ground. Her head was bleeding and I was almost dead seeing mom in such a condition, after dad's depart.