Chapter - 20

I didn't wait for a second and ran after him.

"Please wait. Please! Don't worry, nobody is gonna treat you.
I promise you, nobody is even going to touch you. Please stop", I kept shouting while running behind him.

I called Uncle Jason, but he didn't answer.

"See, Uncle Jason is on call. Speak to him. You're close to him, isn't it?" I pretended as if I was on call, so Mr. Sebastian Parker would come back.

Suddenly my phone rang.

"Uncle, please come soon. Mr. Sebastian ran from the hospital and he isn't listening to me", I told.

"Bella? Which uncle did you think you were talking to?
Wait, Sebastian? What're you doing with him?" Mom asked me.

"Oh shit! I'm gone", I told myself.

"But wait, how do you know Mr. Sebastian, mom?" I asked.

"Sebastian... Is he your friend?" She questioned me back.

I didn't know what to answer and told her, "Yeah mom. I actually called his dad.
Anyways, talk to you later mom, bye."

"Why do I feel like mom knows Mr. Sebastian and moreover, she's pretending as if she doesn't know.
I need to find out", I thought.

By the time all this happened, I lost sight of Mr. Sebastian.
Yet I tried to trace him in the nearby areas, but all my efforts were in vain!

I again made a call to Uncle Jason and told him everything that happened.

Since it was getting dark, I had to go home.

As I reached, mom opened the door even before I knocked.
"Where were you, Bella?" She asked.

"I told you, right mom? At my friend, Sebastian's place", I answered with a cool expression.

"Don't lie Bella. When from have you started referring your friend as Mr.?"

"Oh! Actually, right from today mom.
Chill! You don't worry."

I was expecting mom would slip her tongue and I could draw some clues as to how she knows Mr. Sebastian, but she didn't do that.

As I went to the backyard to have some fresh air, I noticed a pile of papers burnt.

There were about ten papers or rather, documents that were burnt.