Chapter - 30

As I reached the Adams Avenue, I found Estelle waiting beside a house.

"Bella, you betrayed me. You cheated on me! I never trust anyone so easily, but I think I did a mistake in believing you", she told with a sad face.

"I'm so sorry Estelle. I feel guilty too. But I was helpless. My mom was too much worried for me and so..
But wait, how do you know that I told my mum?" I was surprised.

"It's actually that I accidentally dropped my bluetooth speaker in your wallet, Bella. I'm sorry for having listened to your conversation."

"Hmmm.. That's okay.
Don't worry, my mom will not tell anyone about you and here's your speaker", I told and handed it over.

Suddenly, an old lady came out of the house, beside which we were standing and she began abusing me.

I was shocked at her behaviour and thought she was mad at first.
As I began to start back home, I heard her asking, "That bloody Jackie couldn't do anything and so, she sent you again. Isn't it?"

I couldn't stop myself from questioning her.
"Excuse me, which Jackie are you talking about?" I asked her.

"Stop acting! You think I'm an idiot to still believe you, even after my husband was trapped by your mom?
My daughter's soul is never gonna leave the Roberts family, if you harm her dad. Beware!"

As I turned to look at Estelle, she wasn't there anymore!
Nowhere to be seen.
I then understood that the old lady's daughter is none other than Estelle!

I came home in a dilemma, trying to make sense out of what that old lady told me.
Engrossed in those thoughts, I accidentally hit the dining table and hurt my knee.

"Bella, are you okay? Where have you been, by the way?" Mom asked.

As I heard mom's voice, those words of old lady flashed my mind.

"Mom, why and how could you do it?" I asked in a lower tone.

"I could do what, honey? What're you talking about, after all?" Mom asked me in a cool voice, trying to make me normal.

"Mom, you trapped Estelle's dad."

"Estelle's dad? Did she tell you that? Don't believe..."

I cut her off, "Mom, please! I know you've been hiding things from me.
Now since the gist has finally come before me, make everything clear, please."

Jackie's POV :

Oh my god! I have to do something to change Bella's mindset.
She thinks I'm the bad one in our story.
It's time now, to remind her of the past. Before Estelle or her mom trap my girl, I will myself consult the doctor and help her regain her memory.