Chapter - 39

"What? Mom resembles Grandma? I wanna see her pictures.
Can you please show them to me, Grandpa?" I asked.

"Sure, sweetie. Why not! They're in my phone. You can have a look", Grandpa told.

As I opened his gallery's pictures, I was shocked to see Grandma looking alike mom. Rather, mom seemed a xerox of Grandma.

"So, the other one whom I saw at the James Street as mom, is Grandma!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Are you sure?" Grandpa asked.

"Yes, Grandpa. The only confusion is about when she comes. Also, why is she doing this?"

"We'll find out soon. But I think we must rush home now, as you left Jackie and Tim at home. Jennifer's target being Jackie, we can't dare to cause any delay."

"You're right, Grandpa", I told and went to the reception, to comply with the formalities for his discharge.

I was excited to give mom, the best news about her dad.

But what we saw gave us a shock, as we entered into the hall.
Mom and Tim were in the living room.

"I don't know if I'm drowsy or what, but I can see a mirror image of mom", I told Grandpa.

"I guess my sight is weakened too. I can see two Jackies too", Grandpa told.

"But wait. If the problem is with my sight, then why can't I see Tim the same way?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I can't too! There's something wrong Bella. Let's get in and sort it out."

"Mom.....?" I left my question incomplete, as I saw her coming
towards me with a knife.

"What the hell Jackie? Are you okay?" Grandpa asked.

"Oh! So the other one is Grandma, I suppose", I whispered to Grandpa.

"Jackie, no! Don't do that. She's your daughter", Grandma yelled.

But, mom didn't give a damn. She kept coming my way, holding the knife.

She neared me and was in an elbow distance.
I just couldn't do anything, but to close my eyes out of fear.