Chapter - 45

Bella's POV :

I called up Mrs. Parker and asked her softly, "Can you please tell me if Jennifer was married before she died?"

"Why are you asking me this? I mean, what's wrong?" She put me back a question.

"Please, I request you. Tell me, is Jennifer married?"

"It's none of your business, Bella. That'd be good for you if you just overlook such things."

"Really? Then lemme show you which extent my business can go upto!
Listen to your son's voice", I told her and made Bill(Mrs. Parker's son) talk to her in pain. We had given him hell lot of games and snacks to enjoy. In return, he agreed to act.

"No! No! Please No! Tell me, what do you want, Bella?
I'll give you whatever you want! Please don't harm my son. He's the only one I'm still alive for!" She told in tears.

"Then tell me about Jennifer and her married life", I demanded.

"Jenny... Yes, she was married! I didn't want to see my daughter being tortured by her dad and so, sent her away after her marriage."

"Whom was she married to?"

"Please spare my son, for God's sake.
She was married to Mr. Carter."

"Full name, please! Also, tell me about his family."

"Carter Albert, son of Jason Albert.
Rest is all you know."

What I guessed was right! Good that at least now I caught my Grandpa.
Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Grandpa.

"Do you want your brother, Tim?" He asked in a loud voice.

"Grandpa, is everything okay? I mean.." I asked in shock.

He cut me off, "Shut your bloody mouth! You thought you'd kidnap Bill and get what you want? I always have an eye on every tiny thing that you do!
Release Bill, or brother will... You know what's gonna happen."

"Yes, I did kidnap him. But I never let anything harm him.
In fact, I'm looking after him so well and even.." I couldn't complete the sentence, as I could hear Tim weeping out of pain.

"Bella, he's not gonna spare us! Run away, please! I'm anyway gonna die in a few minutes. You please save your life", Tim told me.

Before I could speak a word, I heard his squeal.
"He's gone! No more! Get lost now", Grandpa told.

I lost my senses and was about to faint, when everything around me was just darkness and nothing else.

"Gone! In spite of dad's death, I didn't lose hope. Mom left us too, yet I got through for my brother. Who's even left for me in this vast world now?
I should run to save my life? But for what? Everything's over now!"

I decided to end up my life and went on to the main busy road of James Street. I felt the air of a speedy car, which passed by me and thought I'd be hit.

But, someone pulled me back!
As I opened my eyes, I saw Tim.

"Oh Tim! You're alive?" I hugged him and cried the worst of me.

"Yes Bella. I ran away from there. If you hadn't disconnected the call, you'd have heard me", he told.