Chapter - 16

Immediately I took my phone and wallet, and left my home with the picture of Mr. Sebastian Parker.

I first covered the places close to my house and nearby Adam's Avenue.

As I showed the picture, most of the people laughed at me asking, "You want that mad person?"

After having roamed for about seven hours, I was tired like hell.
I skipped my food and water and was just about to faint, when I sat down on the staircase of someone's house and leaned on the wall.

"Are you okay, young girl?" An old man asked me, probably the owner of that house.

"Yeah, just need some water", I told.

He brought me a chilled water bottle.

"I see that you're completely weak and tired. If you don't mind, you can get in and have some chocolates or whatever you like", he told with a caring smile.

"Thank you, but that's fine, I'll... I'll go myself", I answered.

"I don't think you can, young lady. I mean look at yourself, you're so weak.
We don't have any restaurants here upto 2 or 3 miles.
You can have some snacks and then, go home."

I tried standing up and was about to break down again because of weakness.

I somehow managed getting in, with the help of the old man.

"What would you like to have, young girl?" He asked me with a smile.

"Uh... Anything is okay for me. Coffee or tea, it's fine", I told.

"Nah. It's summer, young girl. Would you like to have lemonade?"

"That'd be so nice of you."

He brought the lemonade and while I was taking sips, I noticed someone in the other room.
An elderly man, well dressed, was laughing and talking to himself.

As I was engrossed watching him, the old man introduced himself as Mr. Jason Albert.

"Oh, nice name and I'm Bella Roberts. By the way, who's the one in that room?" I asked.

"Eversince I lost my wife, I feel lonely living in this huge house.
My children didn't want me and luckily I found this old man like me, abandoned in the streets. So I brought him home ten days back. I try teaching him etiquette and make him aware of his rights, his freedom and social security."

*****************
Guys congo.... We've come to #13 position now :)

❤Thanks a lot my amazing lovely supportive readers ❤