Chapter - 11

"Oh no! Can you please give me her address? Where's her family now?" I asked.

"Her dad was a drunkard, dear. One day, he got too much drunk and came home. He was very arrogant and killed his daughter for not having got him some more alcohol. After her death, he lost his mental ability and none knows where he is.
Her mother left the house with her son", she told.

"Where is her mother staying now?"

"She's not in touch with any of her neighbours or relatives, due to a fear that her husband would know.
Sometimes he keeps roaming in these lanes, in search of his daughter.
He's gone mad and says he's talking to his daughter."

"If she's dead, then what does she want from me? Why did she get in touch with me?" I was puzzled.

As I went home, Tim told me, "Bella, your friend told that she cannot keep in touch with you due to some reason."

"Which friend?" I was tensed.

"Our neighbour, your friend Estelle!"

"Did she herself tell that her name is Estelle?"

"No. It's you, who told me. By the way, let's have dinner."

"I.. I had outside. Come, I'll serve", I told and arranged everything for mom and Tim.

After their dinner, I went into my room thinking what Estelle wants from me.
I was too tired and fell asleep.

I woke up at around 3am, by a dream, just like the previous night.

I was in an abandoned place, somewhere far from my home, in search of someone.

A girl came to me and asked, "So what do you say, Jennifer? Deal?"

"Yes, deal. But in return, you're not going to harm my family", I told.

"Oh my god! Why are such strange dreams coming to me?
I'm sure it was none other than Estelle, as she's the only one who calls me Jennifer.
Whats the deal I agreed with her?" I was sweating with tense.