Chapter - 24

"She killed Dad? But mom, are you sure? Tim told me that Mr. Sebastian, Jennifer's dad helped you after the accident", I asked.

"I didn't want you kids to get involved this stuff and so, didn't utter a word when Tim told that", mom told.

She continued, "He was the one who purposely knocked down our car, though he made things appear as if he met with an accident too."

"But he's mentally unsound mom. He remembers nothing except his daughter! How and why would he kill dad?"

"Bella, Sebastian Parker is none other than your uncle.
Yes, he's my brother and I'm a very unlucky sister."

"What? Mom, you never told me anything about him. Why aren't things good between you?"

"Your Grandma and Grandpa had no children.
So I was adopted from an orphanage and Sebastian, from my dad's sister."

"Oh! That means Grandpa adopted his sister's son.
Okay. But what happened later that you're now worse than enemies, mom?"

"His greed for property is the only answer.
After my parents' death, Sebastian warned me to stay away and threatened that he'd kill my family."

"But why do you hate Jennifer, mom?"

"I don't! I love her from the bottom of my heart."

"If that's the case, then why have you scolded her?
You even tried killing her at a too tender age, isn't it?"

"I had to make things appear so! Your dad brought Estelle home, when she was just six days old. I loved her a lot and cared for her more than anybody else!
All the problem was when I got to know that I was going to give birth.
I was adopted too and later, threatened by my brother.
I didn't want Estelle to suffer like me, though I was and am sure my children wouldn't drop to worst extent, just for property.
But time can change everything and everyone, Bella. So only I left her float in the river, after I ensured that the arrangements were all safe for her, knowing she'd be saved by someone."

"I'm sorry, mom. I thought you're a heartless person, but never knew you had a painful past.
But you could've gone to an orphanage rather than a river."

"Your dad didn't agree for that, Bella. He loved her way too much and couldn't bear a thought of separation.
I had to lie to him that she was dead in a fire accident."