Chapter 5

I was laying on my bed when there was a knock at my door. I walk over to it. And open it. It's Derek. “What do you want haven't you done enough.” I say with anger in my voice.

“I need to talk to you.” He says pushing past me to sit down in my desk chair. “About dinner.” He says.

“Fine.” I say shutting my door and sitting on my bed. “What about it. Was it the fact that you admitted to eavesdropping, or the fact that you rudely interrupted my speech about the bathroom, or was it the fact that you yelled at me like a five year old?” I say crossing my arms.

“Look I'm sorry I did those things but honestly I couldn't hear half the stuff you told Lizard.” He says sitting back in my chair and crossing his arms behind his head.

“Lizard?” I ask.

“Lizzie's nickname. I gave it to her after she made soccer captain.” He explains.

“Oh.”I say. “Do I get a nickname?” I ask.

“Casey you don't want to know the nicknames I give you.” He says with a stupid cocky smile on his smug little face. I throw a pillow at him. He laughs.

“Try me!” I say sitting normally on my bed again.

“Huh?”

“Tell me one nickname.” I whine.

“Fine.” He pauses. “Classic Casey.” He says with a smile.

“Not a nickname you stole that from my cousin... The one you made out with.” I state.

“Aww yes I remember her and let me tell you she was a great kisser.” Derek says leaning back in my chair.

“You want to know a nickname I have for you.” I say raising my eyebrows.

“Why not. Carma.” He says. I look confused.

“Who?” I ask.

“Carma. You know that thing that make you have awful luck. You fall and trip and nothing goes your way Soooo you are Carma Casey. Karma with a C not a K.” He explains.

“Oh well you still want to know your nickname?” I ask crossing my arms again.

“I said sure.”

“Derek the dickface. Derek the dickface.” I say in a mocking tone.

“Casey that's not very mature.” He says. I laugh.

“What do you know about mature?” I ask.

“Hell lot more than you.” He says.

“Ugh. You know nothing I'm way more orderly and proper and mature.” I say.

“Casey. Casey Casey Casey. You don't know what you are. You can't even keep your feelings in order.” he says shaking his head.

“What do you know Derek?” I ask.

“I know you told your friend Emily and that guidance counselor about what happened this morning.” He says.

“So. Nothing happened this morning.” I say. He gets up and sits next to me.

“Casey quit it. It's okay. You either really hate me or you have secret feelings for but whatever it is you don't tell Emily and Paul anything unless it gets under your skin.” He says really close to my face.

“Alright first off back it up Derek.” He pulls back a bit. “Secondly I hate you.” I say. “and third I tell Emily and Paul everything they are my friends.” He rolls his eyes. “What?” I ask angerly.

“I understand Emily being your friend and all, but Casey it's weird that one of your best friends is a teacher.” He says looking at me.

“Get out Derek.” I say opening the door.

“Fine.” He says moving past me to go to his room. “Oh by the way I farted in your desk chair.” He says. “Hope you don't mind.” he walks to his room and plays his music way to loud while I stand there with the word gross written on my face.