Chapter 36

Derek POV

I pull up to the hospital and help Casey out. I grab the first wheelchair I can find and run her in. I run up to the front desk. The lady looks up. "Ow!" Casey says.

"We need her," I point to Casey. "In a room. Her stomach has been hurting her." I explain. The nurse smiles and comes around.

"What is your name miss?" The girl asks in a southern accent.

"Casey. Casey Mcdonald." Casey says with all her might. She winces in pain. 

"Alright babe we gonna take good care of you. Stanley." A young doctor came walking towards up. "This is Casey Mcdonald her boyfriend here thinks she is hurt." Casey makes a move of pain again. The guy smiles at us. I don't smile back. Casey trys, but fails and has a look of pain on her face.

"Alright Ill take her from here young man. And don't worry she will be fine." Stanley takes Caseys wheelchair away from my grip. "You can stay here." as he says the rest of the family comes running through the door.

"I want to go with her." I say.

"Derek." Casey say lightly. "Please stay out here I'll be fine." 

"No I want to stay with you." Before I could argue anymore the doctor rolled her away. 

Hours pass by. Hours of silences and worry. Hours without Casey. The family seemed worried as well. Marti was the most worried she was crying silently on dads lap. Lizzie was sitting next to Edwin they were talking silently and Nora was a mess. As I look around the room I see doctor Stanley walking to us. I stand up quickly. "How is she?" I ask.

"She has to have surgery." he says bluntly.

"Whats wrong with her?" I ask.

"Its her appendex." the doctor says. "The surgery is very difficult and she may not survive. You can have her die at home or she can go through the surgery. It's your choice." he says.

"Do you take me as a moron?" I ask angryly.

"No sir." He replies.

"Then what do you think I'm gonna want you to do?" I ask him.

"Ill get her in the surgery room." he says in fear. 

"Good. " he runs away.

"Derek was that nessacary?" I hear dad ask from behind me.

"Yes." I hiss.

"Okay." he says sitting back down.

I sit there for about 20 mintines before i see Max, Sam, Emily, and Kendra come through the door. Great.

"We came as soon as we heard." Emily says. 

"Why are you guys hear?" I ask.

"Derek are you crying?" Sam asks.

"No." I was but now this was not a lie.

"it looks like you were." Kendra says hugging me. I push away and sit back down. They sit as well.

"Derek what is going on?" Max asks.

"Casey is in a deadly surgery." I say bluntly.

"And you care because?" Sam asks. I look at him wanting to punch him so badly. I still hate him from the lunch room like two months ago.

"Because I love her. That's why I care." Sam's eyes widen as does Max's. The doctor comes walking out. I stand up and look at him. "Well?" he looks at me with sad eyes. Nora and Lizzie stand as well. 

"Doctor?" Nora ask.

"Is she okay?" Lizzie asks.

"Im so sorry." he says. Lizzies hands cover her mouth. Nora wipes her eye. I don't do anything but drop to the floor.