Chapter 31

Casey POV

It was midnight when I finally got to bed. While lying there I realized I had only got two eight counts of a dance and one textbook page memorized for the test tomorrow. What the he'll was wrong with me? Maybe Derek's slackerness was rubbing off on me. Oh god this is not good.The next day as I was walking to my locker I see Derek and Kendra. Weird. I didn't think he really thought Kendra as a friend. I was just watching them when I see a look on Kendra's face that says "I'm a slut". Derek does not do well with sluts he can give in just like that. I stay where I am until I realize they are in front of my locker. I walk towards them and try to get to my locker but Kendra is up against it and there is no way she is moving. "So I will see you Saturday." Kendra says.

"Yes you will." Derek says. Kendra walks away then Derek leans on my locker. I roll my eyes. 

"Derek move." I say. He does and I unlock my locker and put my chem book in. "What was that about?" I ask.

"Oh nothing I just got a date with Kendra the same day you are going out with Max." he explains.

"Oh. I didn't know we were seeing other people." I say.

"Well I have been thinking and your right we shouldn't date." he says.

"Wait. Are you breaking up with me?" I ask. He looks down and bites his lip. He looks back at me.

"Its just not gonna work." He says. Probably the same thing he says to every other girl he dumps. I drop my mouth.

"You know what Derek. You right we can't date. Because I don't date complete and total assholes." I say slaming my locker and stoking past him.

Derek POV 

It was the next day. Kendra had been at my locker after every class. It was weird that all I saw was Casey. It was also weird when ever I saw Casey she was dancing. Even at home. I guess now she had more time. I walk over to Kendra and open my locker. "So where are we going tomorrow?" Kendra asked.

"Saturday is tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yea Derek! Why is there a problem?" Kendra puts her hand on her hip.

"Umm I have to work babe." I say.

"Sally called me in saying I can't have her be the only one on the job." I say.

"Weird. You knew we were going out and you have yourself work." Kendra say lookig a little pissed. "And who the hell is Sally?"

"A co-worker of mine. You've seen her she's blond little and beautiful-

"BEAUTIFUL!" Kendra yells in the middle of the hallway.

"Yea she's pretty." I say. She gives me an evil look. "Not as pretty as you." I quickly say.

"Well you can forget about Saturday and pick me up at 7 o'clock for our date tonight." Kendra slams my locker and stokes off. Once again I only see Casey. It was so really it was like Casey was right in front of me stoking off. I run up to Casey who would be Kendra and take her arm. "Derek what are you doing?" Man she even sounded like Casey. Without thinking I kiss her. When we pull away everyone is staring. What was the deal it was just Kendra. Who kissed a lot like Casey? And smelled like her and then the realization hit me. This WAS Casey!

"Shit. i thought you were Kendra!" I say quickly. I look around seeing everyone stare. "What do we do?"

"Derek you kissed me in front of everyone." Casey say still standing where I left her. Just then Kendra Sam and Emily come running towards us. Max not far behind.

"what the hell Derbear!!"

"Casey you know I like Derek!"

"Dude you want to get a beat down you know how I feel about her?"

"I thought you said the rumors weren't true you lying little slut." That one really got to me. Max had just set me to angry mode. And in this mode I like to get physical so of course I punch him in the nose. Everyone including Casey gasps. Just then everyone looks at me and starts to go off.

"I can't believe you did that Derek."

"Your a bad person Derek."

"Stop being mean to everyone Derek." God I did these people a favor this school had been a boring place until I came here. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. Me thinking it's Casey turns around and BLAM! I get punched out and all I see is black.