Chapter 23

Derek POV

I was sitting on the couch when Edwin comes in and turns the tv on. He looks at me. He opens his mouth but before he could say anything I run up to my room and slam the door. A few moments of laying on my bed I hear a knock on my door. "What?" I ask.

"Derek please let me in." Edwin says from the other side of the door. I walk over and open my door then lay on my bed again. "Derek you don't look so good are you okay?" he asks.

"I did something bad Ed." I say.

"It can't be too bad. Did you cheat on a test? A girl?" Edwin was so narrow minded.

"No worse." I say.

"Well what could be worse? Do you have to go to summer school because your failing every class?" Once again Ed is narrow minded.

"No Ed. I-I slapped her." I say.

"Who?" 

"Casey." I say. I put my head in my hands again. Trying not to cry in front of Edwin. Speaking of. He jolted up.

"What?" He asks.

"Please. Please don't make me say it again." I beg.

"No I heard you I want to know why? You have never been violent. Have you?" Edwin says.

"No maybe to you but I would never hit a girl." I say.

"Then why is Casey a exception?" Edwin asks.

"she's not. I just. I just got angry and I slapped her." Edwin sat down next to me. " I didn't mean to. Really I didn't. God I feel awful Ed. Which is a big deal because I have never felt this way." I say.

"Dude it's okay. You couldn't have hit her that hard." Edwin says patting me on the back.

"I'm a guy. A hockey player. I work out. She is a girl. Who is small. And like a flower. She is problaby way hurt Edwin. Casey doesn't take pain well. She doesn't take anything well." I say. A tear fell from my eye. "Edwin please go talk to her. Please." I beg.

"Sure bro anything for you. I didn't know you cared this much about what you did to Casey." Edwin states walking out my door.

Casey POV

I was icing my cheek and crying on my bed when there was a knock at my door. "Come in. Unless your Derek then go away." I say through my tears. I hear my door open then close. I look up. Edwin sits down in my desk chair. "Oh hi Edwin." I say trying to put on a happy face.

"Don't try to smile it will make it worse." he says. I frown again.

"What did he tell you?" I ask him knowing he came from Derek's room.

"He said he slapped you." Edwin says.

"Did he tell you why?"

"A bit. He said he was angry and so he lost his cool and just wow pow. Slapped you across the face." he says. He sounded way to happy to tell this story.

"Is that how Derek said it. Or is that how you say it?" I ask him.

"Well it's kind of both but mostly me." He says with a smile. I try to smile back.

"Ow!" I say holding my cheek. 

"I told you don't try to smile. It only makes the Derek mark worse." he explains.

"The Derek mark?" I ask.

"When Derek leaves a mark on someone it is a Derek mark." Edwin explains.

"Do you have one?" I ask. He nods and rolls his shirt up a little to revel a cut mark.

"Derek cut me with a knife when I was 8. It didn't hurt a whole lot and we were just playing a duel game. He felt bad for a bit. Not as bad as he feels now though." he puts his shirt down.

"Does Marti have one?" I ask just waiting to call the cops.

"No. Maybe a kiss mark o her forehead from when she put lipstick on him but that's about it." He says.

"And George?" Edwin shakes his head. " Just you huh? And now I guess me." I say holding the ice to my cheek.

"He feels awful Casey." Edwin says.

"Then he shouldn't have done it" I say hastaily.

"True but he did and he says he won't do it again." Edwin was on his knee's begging. "Please please please forgive Derek." He got out his puppy dog eyes. I roll my eyes.

"Fine I will talk to him." I say.

"Oh thank you Casey! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I smile again. It still hurt but I needed to he was so happy. I walk to Derek's room and knock on the door.