Chapter 26

Casey POV 

Derek and I walk into school with everyone looking at us. Weird. I walk to my locker and Derek walks on I watch him then Kendra comes up to me. "Kendra? Are you lost do you needed homewok help?" I ask. 

"Um. No. I just wanted to say congrats." She said wit a smile.

 "For?" I ask.

 "For you and Derek." She says. 

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I ask. I was so confused. 

"Everyone is talking about it." She states.

"Kendra what about Derek and I?" I ask still not sure what she is congratulaing me for. 

"I hear that you and Derek are going out." My mouth drops. 

"Who told you that?" I ask deffencively.

"I heard it from someone who figured it out by you and Derek." she says with a sly smile on her face. 

"Derek and I are not dating." okay that was a lie but I couldn't say that it was true. "How did this person make this up?" I ask. 

"She said that it had something to do with the lunch room yesterday, the mall on Saturday, and Fancy on Friday." she says with a light preppy smile. " Who would have been-" I stop dead in my tracks justbthen I realize who had started this. I run down the hall and see Max standing with some other guys.

"Max!" I yell grabing his arm. 

"Oh hey Casey." he says in a sad way. "Dont worry I'm not dating Derek." I lie. 

"Oh then Hey!" he says more cheerfully. 

"Have you seen Emily?" I ask. 

"um no why?"

"I need to talk to her about homework." I lie again. 

"Well I haven't seen her." he says.I frown.

"oh. Okay. Thanks anyway." I start to walk away.

"Hey Casey!" he calls. I turn on my heel to look at him. "Need help finding her?" he asks. I smile and nod.