Chapter 16

I was getting ready for my "Date with Derek" but I could find anything to wear. I start to panic when all the sudden the phone rings. "Hello?" I say answerig it.

"Hey Casey. Is Derek there?" I hear a girl say on the other line.

"Ummm. Who is this?" I ask.

"Casey you silly It's Kendra." She says with a happy tone.

"Oh. Hi Kendra." I say not very excited since I was still in a panic.

"Is Derek there?" She asks.

"Why?" I ask.

"Well I wanted to see if he was free tonight." Kendra states.

"Oh well he's not I'm sorry we are having a family dinner." I say still with panic in my voice.

"Are you okay? You seem worried." She says. Kendra knows to much about people and she has only been at the school for like a year.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"Your lying I can tell here you wait where ever you are I will come over and help you." Kendra says.

"No Kendra you don't have to" Before I could finish the phone was beeping. Great just great what am I suppose to do? "no Kendra I'm going on a 'date' with Derek you can't help me." That would be rude and stupid.

"What are you doing?" I hear a little voice say from my doorway. I realize I was dancing in a angry way. I turn and see Marti with paint on her face and a glittery fairy princess outfit on.

"Nothing Marti." I say cooly.

"Are you going out tonight?" She asks skipping into my room.

"Umm. Yea I am." I answer watching her sit on my bed.

"With who?" She asks.

"With myself." I lie. Just then there is a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it." Marti says skipping to the door.

Marti's POV

I skip to the door and open it to see a pretty girl standing in front of me. "Don't worry I'll get Derek." I say.

"Um. No sweet I'm here to see Casey." She says.

"Okay." I skip up the stairs to Casey's room. "There is a pretty girl downstairs asking for you can she come up?" I ask.

"Yes Marti she can come up." Casey says with a smile. I skip back down to the blonde girl.

"You can go up. Just don't be loud Derek night hear you he is sleeping." I say.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for your family dinner?" The girl asks.

"No we had dinner." I say.

"Oh did you? And where did you go?" She asks.

"We did and we ate here. Derek and Casey didn't eat though." I say.

"Oh really did they say why?" She asks.

"They said they were going to a party and there would be food there." I say resaying what Derek told us.

"Oh okay. Well I'll go upstairs then." She says getting up and going to Casey's room.

Casey POV

I was sitting on my bed looking at my closet when Kendra came in. "Kendra you didn't have to come to help." I say.

"No I wanted to. And I'm glad I came otherwise I wouldn't have got to talk to cute little Marti." Kendra says with a smile and removing her coat.

"What did you talk about?" I ask. 

"Oh we talked about how you didn't eat dinner and how there is a party that not even I knew about." She says. Shit! She knows I lied about the family dinner.

"What?" I say.

"Yea it's weird. Now umm why did you lie to me?" Kendra asks.

"Well I didn't I really am going out to dinner." I say.

"WITH DEREK!" She shouts.

"Shhhh." I say. "I need your help. I don't know what to wear and it's for a bet just saying." I finish.

"Well what did he tell you?" She asks.

"He told me wear something nice." I say. " I have nothing nice."

"Oh I'm sure we can find something for you." Kendra says walking over to my closet. "No.No. No. Eww. Why do you have this?" Kendra made these comments for what seemed like years. "Oh hello what's that." She went all the way to the back of my closet and pulled out a outfit.[polyvore] "what about this?" she asked me.

"What? No I can't pull that off. I bought that for a dress to my moms wedding but I wore something different." I say looking at the dress.

"Oh come on Casey it's the nicest thing you have." She says when her cell phone rings. She looks at it and reads her text. "Oh sorry Case got to jet my mo is looking for me." Kendra begins to leave. "You should wear that and if you don't go in what ou have on because it's the nicest your gonna get unless ou wear that." she walks out and goes home. I look at the dress laying next to me and sigh. What else was I gonna wear? I put the dress on and look at myself in the mirrior. I didn't look as bad as I thought I would.