Chapter 22

"Casey did you just call Derek cute?" Emily asks.

"What no." I say frantically. The final bell rings. "Well Emily got to go can't miss the Mcdonald -Venturi bus. Hehe. Bye" I run outside and quickly get the car.

Emily POV

Oh my gosh! I was standing I the middle of the hallway when I discovered something shocking. DEREK AND CASEY ARE DATING!?!?! I didn't know what to do. Should I tell someone? Should I keep it to myself? What do I do? "Hey Emily! Where's Casey?"Kendra says from behind me.

"She just ran out Of the school." I say.

"Are you okaY? You sound like something is wrong." She asks.

"Yea I'm... No I'm not I jus found somethig out all o my own but it might not be true." I say.

"Ooo gossip do tell." Kendra says. Takeing my hand and walking me to a bench.

"Well I think Casey and Derek are... Dating." I say. Kendra's mouth drops.

"No fucking way!" She says.

"I don't know if I'm right though." I say quickly knowing she is going to spread it.

"It makes sence though. I mean them at Fancy, I saw them at the mall yesterday and now the cafiteria. Oh my gosh I have to spread this."

"Um no Kendra."

"Thank Em you rock." she gets up and runs to a hockey player and whispers in his ear. Great what did I do?

Casey POV

I was sitting on the couch when Derek came downstairs. "Hey!" I say.

"What are you doing?" he asks sitting down in his chair.

"Watching Spongebob." I say.

"Oh sweet I love this one." He says

"totally me too." I say. We were silent for a long time. Until I decided to talk to him about today."You really didn't have to do that." I say. He looks at me confused. "Pull Sam off. I mean."

"Oh. That."He says.

"You didn't have to do it. I was fine" I say. He snickers.

"Casey you were not fine. He could have had sex with you right there. You were lucky that I was there." he says.

"Lucky. Is that it? I thought you just wanted to see Sam rape me." I say.

"Why would I want that?" He asks.

"Because Derek you don't care. Your care free Derek." I say. He stands up.

"You think I don't care about you? You think I hate you so much that I don't care about you?" He looked really mad.

"Well you should've know Sam was gonna do something the moment I walked over." I say standing as well.

"I don't know everything Casey!"He yells.

"You sure act like you do." I say.

"Act! Act act act. That's everything I do right? I'm just actting like I don't care. I'm just actting like i enjoy our dates. Is that it?" Derek yells.

"Yes Derek I don't think you care about anything. It's all an act." He slaps me across the face. It sets me back on the couch. I look up at him.

"Casey." I run upstairs. "Casey I'm sorry!" He yells. I got into my room and sit at my dressing table. I look at my cheek in the mirrior it's red. Very red.

Derek POV

What did I just do? After the way she was treated today. Was I that much of a dick. Casey was right I don't care. I kick my chair and it fell over. I sat down on the couch and put my head I my hands.