Chapter 29

Casey POV

For some reason I couldn't focus in cheerleading. I think it had something to do with Max practicing basketball a few feet from us. He is so sweet. All the sudden I see Amy's fingers snap in front of me. I snap out of my Max day dream and look at her. "Hi  Case! Remember me?" Amy says sarcastically.

"Yea i remember you. Who could forget you?" I say.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Amy asks me.

"Nothing. What do you want?" I ask.

"I want you to show me the dance we are going to do." Amy commands. Shit! i had forgotten to finish the dance so I can teach the rest of the girls.

"Umm. Yea about that." I start. "I haven't finished it yet." That wasn't a full lie, I really hadn't started the dance yet. Amy groans.

"Fine I will give you two days. To finish the dance." The other girls are talking behind her. She turns flipping her hair around. "PRACTICE IS OVER GO HOME!" She yells. "Two days Casey." She says holding up two fingers. "Maybe you can get time to get out from under your step brother to actually  work on something." She raises her eyebrows. My mouth is dropped and I stoke off to my stuff and walk out to my car.

When I get home I slam the door and groan. I throw my stuff to the side and walk to the living room and jump due to Derek on the couch just looking at me. "WHAT!" I scream.

"Nothing are you okay?" He asks.

"fine Derek! I'm fine!" I yell.

"They why are you yelling at me? If anything I should be yelling at you." He states.

"This I bet is rich. Why should you be yelling at me?" I ask..

"I saw you with Max today." He says. I stop looking at him. He is mad I can tell.

"Yea so." I say.

"So I think you like him." I was silent. "Do you like him?" He asks. I look down and bite my lip.

"Well." i say.

"Casey." He started. "Please look at me." I do as he says. He looked heartbroken. "You like him more than me. Don't you?" Again I was silent. "Don't you!" He said a bit louder.

"Derek. We can't date." I say quickly. I look back at him. i step back a bit due to his pissed look. "Derek are you okay?" I ask. He looks down then looks back at me evilly. My god he was scary.

"You just break up with me and you ask me if I'm okay?" He was stepping closer to me. Shit! Now i was even more scared.

"Derek please clam down your scaring me." I say softly.

"Do you think I'm okay Casey?" Derek asks still with a evil look in his eye. "Do you still like Max more than me?"

"Okay I never said that!" I snap.

"but you implied it!" He snapped back.

"I did not. I just said we shouldn't date anymore." I snap.

"We barely started." He yells.

"Well now we are over." I say.

"Because of Max." He says.

"That's not what I said."

"But once again you implied." Derek states.

"I did not!" I yell.

"You Did!" He yells back. I throw a pillow at him.

"Your such an asshole!" I yell. He steps to me about ready to hit me when a little voice comes from the stairs.

"Hi Smerek Hi Casey!" Marti yells from the stairs right before Derek back hands me. Derek moves his hand down and turns to Marti looking normal again.

"Smarti! How long have you been there daring?" Derek asks. Marti shrugs.

"Not long. What were you and Casey yelling about?" Marti asked.

"Nothing Smarti."Derek says picking her up. Marti looks at me. I smile.

"Smerek put me down and Casey come." Derek puts Marti down and she runs upstairs. I follow her not lookig at Derek again.

"Yes Marti." I say when I get upstairs.

"Im not suppose to tell you this but Smerek likes you." Marti says bluntly.

"Oh really?" I say trying to act surprised. Marti nods with sad eyes. "Does that make you upset?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Then what's wrong Marti?" I ask picking her up.

"Smerek doesn't mean to be mean to you." I walk to Marti's room.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"He doesn't mean to hit you. He just has bad anger." Marti explains. I look down at her.

"I know."I say. "How did you know Derek hit me?" I ask.

"Earlier he was in the place to hit you. You knew to back away so I guessed that he had done it before. You did the same thing Ed does." she says. She was so grown up for her age unless you joke with her or she is in a costume.

"Dont worry kiddo I will make sure Derek doesn't hit me in front of you okay?" I say with a sweet smile.

"Smerek won't listen."She says sitting on her bed.

"Why is that?"

"Once he's done it once he'll find a way to do it again. That's what he does with Ed." She states. Sounding more grown up for her age.

"Well I'm sure Derek will change." I say smiling. Mostly to myself realizing Max will never be like Derek.

"I hope so." Marti says. I smile again and walk out of the room ready to go talk to Derek.