CHAPTER 4.2

"The moon shone brighter in the Wild Woods

"The moon shone brighter in the Wild Woods."

It peered down upon Honey's sleeping body, like a giant eye as the god stared up into the sky littered with stars, a look of longing painted within his gray eyes. That was his home. The heavens above this world, where they knew no darkness and no cold, just everlasting warmth and light. 

It was paradise to most, but the young god knew there were some who only found happiness in the gaining of power or the suffering of others. They were the reason the heavens had been divided. They were the reason there was this war. Honey's eyes fluttered open and she began to cough, and the Fire God simply turned his head towards her.

Lekki and god stared at one another as Honey got her first real look at the god. He was tall and broad-shouldered, well built, though not overly muscled. He still looked pretty young. Probably about Honey's age, though he was likely thousands of years older. But perhaps a thousand years was just a blink to a god.

The god had dark and creamy brown skin and bleached blond dreadlocks, that were tied back. His lips were full and tilted upwards in a smirk as his gray eyes that reminded Honey of the smoke that danced above a fire.

"So you're finally up," he commented, looking over her tattered red dress, that was a bit short on her, as it only fell to her calves. Honey sat up slowly, looking around as the memories of what had happened hit her. "My name is Lukas, the twelfth god, and the god of the flames," he said, introducing himself with the pride that only gods felt. 

Honey nodded, although she wasn't fully awake yet. A part of her had thought the entire ordeal was a dream, and she was about to wake up any moment. "It's... nice to meet you, Lukas," Honey said, in between yawns. "My name is Honey, of Astrakane," she said, stretching as she sat up, then realization flashed through her, and she stumbled to her feet. "My brother, Aldwin, did you... is he..."

"Yes," the god said, nodding. "He'll live, that much I know, but I cannot tell you if he'll ever be mentally whole again," he said, and Honey looked to the ground. Aldwin would probably assume she was dead. Perhaps that was for the best.

A lone tear fell from her eye, dancing down her cheek, as she looked at the ground thinking of her now lost brother. Her deal had saved him, that much she knew, and that much she was proud of. Now was her chance to do something great, even if it was just for her brother. She'd saved him. 

It was a choice that Honey knew she wouldn't regret, that much was clear. "So...you said you needed a Lekki," she started, her voice devoid of emotion. "Could you please tell me what...exactly...for?" Honey's question echoed through the air as Lukas rose a curious eyebrow.

"I need you to help me find the Rose Book," he said, simply.

"The rose-what?"

"The Rose Book," Lukas repeated, somewhat annoyed as he hated repeating himself to those who didn't listen. Especially a simple-minded Lekki girl.