Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Let's Just Pretend

(Day of the Mystery Ball)

Julia and I are preparing for the mystery ball. It's four in the afternoon and the ball will start at six in the evening.

Tinignan ko ng mabuti ang dark blue gown na aking susuotin. It's simple but very elegant. It has glitters all over.

I prepared the pair of dark blue stilettos that I will be wearing tonight. Pagkatapos kong maisuot ang aking gown at ang aking sapatos, tinignan ko ng mabuti ang aking sarili.

I look... great. I never thought that it would turn out like this...

Kinuha ko na ang curlers na nasa aking buhok and I let my hair fall on my shoulders. I turned around and I looked like the sparkle of the night. I touched my gown and it's so soft. My gown really fits perfectly on me. When I first laid my eyes on it, I felt like it's the one. And yeah, it really is.

Nang natapos na akong mag-ayos, lumabas na ako.

Nakita ko si Julia. Sobrang ganda niya! She is wearing an orange gown with glitters all over. Ang ganda rin ng pagkaayos ng buhok niya! She really prepared for this.

"Omg, Zaya! Ang ganda-ganda mo!" She complimented.

"Ikaw kaya ang maganda!"

After a little while, we arrived at the venue where the mystery ball is held. Bago kami pumasok sa loob ng venue, sinuot muna namin ang aming mga maskara.

"Hey, let's dance! Find a partner!" Ani Julia.

"H-Huh? No! Ikaw na lang ang sumayaw." Sabi ko naman sabay iling. I cleared my throat. "I'm... nervous."

"This is the fun you should try, Zaya. Masasayahan ka kung susubukan mo lang." She said with a smile. "I'll just be within your reach."

"O-Okay. Have fun, Juls!" I said and I went to the table full of drinks.

I found a glass of champagne. I grabbed the glass and I sipped a little bit.

Nang hindi pa ako mapadpad dito sa DU, I go to bars. I drink tequila, champagne, beer, whiskey, etc. I also drink Jack Daniels o di kaya'y Black Label, pero minsan lang. I am not a heavy drinker. Hindi ako lasinggera. Minsan lang naman ako umiinom. I have to control myself because I'm the type of person who gets drunk easily.

Nang naubos ko na ang champagne ay may lumapit sa akin na isang lalake. "Miss, can we dance?"

"Maybe later," I said with a smile.

The guy just smiled and he has his perfect white teeth! He also has these beautiful gray eyes and lips, and I was kind of surprised with his eyes because it's the first time I saw that kind of eyes.

Ano ba yan, Zaya, you had the chance to dance with an unknown person but you didn't grab it!

Another man approached me. "Hey, can we dance?"

"Yeah—"

"Back off,"

I immediately turned around when I heard another guy's voice behind me. He was tall, lean, and muscular. But still, I couldn't see who it was because he had a mask on.

"S-Sorry. Y-Yeah, I-I'll back off." Sabi nung nagyaya sa akin na may takot. Umalis siya agad. The hell?

"Excuse me?" I scoffed.

"Let's dance," He coolly said and immediately grabbed my waist and he placed my hand on his shoulders.

The next song for the dance is played by a pianist. The song was a popular one by Chopin.