Epilogue

A/N: We're finally here. This chapter is the longest I have written in this story. Thank you so much for making it this far. I'll continue to work hard. <3
--------------

Epilogue

|Dark's Point of View|

Before I came in here, I thought it all through. I've thought of all the possible scenarios of me being inside this hell of a school. I can die in no time, and I couldn't let that happen. Sumugal ako para dito. Nakataya dito hindi lang buhay ko, kundi buhay din ng kapatid ko.

I have a younger sister, Julia. She caught me the night I was planning to get inside Death University. The reason I knew about this place is because of an old woman. I bumped at her while I was jogging early in the morning outside the subdivision.

"Nagsisigawan sa loob... patuloy na dumadanak ang dugo. Isang impyerno."

"What?" I removed my earplug. She looks uneasy and she's clearly trembling. "Ayos lang po ba kayo?"

She looks homeless. May mga dumi sa katawan niya at may dala siyang sako. She might be crazy and imagining things but it could also be possible. Marami nang nangyayari sa mundo na 'di mo akalaing totoo.

I have a power... the rarest power, to be exact. I have no idea how it was passed onto me but my mother's sister, my aunt, told me that I have it in me.

"Dark, my dearest nephew, listen to me carefully." She said in Korean. "I know you already have some knowledge about magic. And it's time that I tell you that you have the rarest power."

I'm in tears but my eyes widened with what she said. "W-What? Is that why you've been encouraging me to read books about magic and power? And you always give me books about it as gifts... w-wait I don't understand."

"I'm sorry if I told you this way. I know I'm too late."

She's on her deathbed for Pete's sake! How could she tell me about the power, just now? She had a lot of opportunities to tell me! But then, I couldn't bring myself to be mad at her. My aunt was there to take care of me every time my mom wasn't by my side.

"You're an intelligent boy, Dark. And I want you to know that I'm so proud of you." She said while the tears keep streaming down her face. "I know you can control your power. You've read about it, right? It's a dangerous weapon. You should always be careful. This power will protect you in case something very bad happens in the future."

"W-What do you mean? What will happen in the future?"

"We don't know yet. But consider the possibility, my dear. Anything can happen. But because you have the power, you have a responsibility. You've read about that too, right?"

Yes... by having the power, you have a duty and responsibility to the innocent lives. When evil arises, you are the key to stopping it...

When she died, I grieved. It took me so long to recover from my grieving. My Aunt Eun Hee is so precious to me, so I took her wishes seriously. Binaon ko sa aking isip ang mga huling habilin niya sa'kin.

And here I am, asking the old lady what she's talking about.

She didn't even give me a glance. She kept on talking to herself while walking. Mahina ko siyang hinigit. "Ano pong pinagsasabi niyo? Dugo? Impyerno? It doesn't make sense at all."

"Narinig ko. Nakita ko." Sabi niya habang patuloy na nanginginig.

"Anong nakita at narinig mo?" I gently said, being careful so she wouldn't be scared.