Chapter 80

Chapter 80: Fight

It pains me to close her eyes. Namatay siyang nakamulat pa ang mga mata. I hope she finds peace.

Nagitla ako nang may kumalabit sa'kin. When I looked at that person's direction, I saw Dark's worried face. He immediately hugged me and I hugged him back while sobbing.

"I-I killed her, D-Dark." I said in the middle of crying my eyes out.

"Shh, baby, it's gonna be alright." I somehow found comfort in his words. "Let's get out of here. Madame will come back soon."

I nodded and gave Reena one last look. I mouthed my sorry again before we left.

*****

When we arrived at Dark's dorm, Julia and Demi were there. I was surprised to see them but nothing came out of my mouth. I couldn't speak. I felt weak.

Dark made me sit on the couch. I can still picture Reena's dead body in my mind and a fresh batch of tears started falling from my eyes.

"H-Hey, we were so worried about you." Julia said, her voice trembling. She then hugged me.

"I-I... I killed Reena. Oh my God." Sabi ko at humagulgol pa.

"W-What? What happened?" Shock was evident on her face.

Demi was surprised about what I said too but she made it less obvious.

Even though it feels so hard, I still managed to tell them everything. I told them that Reena knew about me, stealing the book and having the rarest power. I told them everything that happened earlier, including the syringe with the dangerous substance for Dark and I.

"Listen, Zaya," Julia tried to comfort me. "You didn't have a choice. You needed to kill her. You needed to save yourself."

"But it hurts, Julia. I feel guilty. I can't handle this." I said in between sobs.

"To be honest, she's better off dead." Demi concluded and I glared at her.

"You really don't have a heart, do you?" Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili.

She doesn't know how all of this affects me right now. She couldn't relate because she has a heart of a goddamn stone. Sanay na siyang pumatay and she doesn't even care.

She just rolled her eyes at me and went to Dark's kitchen. Julia stood up from the couch and followed Demi, probably going to tell her to take it easy on me.

I was then left with Dark in the living room. He sat down beside me.

He made me look at him as he caressed my cheek. His brows furrowed and his jaw clenched. "Did Madame and Reena do this to you?"

I wasn't planning on answering him but he's waiting for me to tell him so I slowly nodded. I then saw the anger in his eyes.
I was startled when he examined my neck next. Mas tumagis pa ang bagang niya.

When I told them about what happened earlier, I excluded the part where Madame and Reena hurt me physically. But Dark is too smart to not notice.

"You didn't deserve this,"

Reena didn't deserve to die too. Yeah, she might have endangered my life but I still believe that there's hope for her. May pag-asa pa siyang maitama ang mga maling nagawa niya. She was just a person blinded by love.

Dark held my hands tightly as if he's scared to lose me. "I said I would be there for you. I said I'll protect but I failed. I'm sorry."

I immediately caressed his face. "Don't say that. You were there for me when I needed you. You came to get me. And I thank you for that."