Chapter 71

Chapter 71: Suicide

"It's so good!" I faked my enthusiasm. The food Dark cooked is really good but I couldn't enjoy it. I'm very insecure at the moment.

"Really?" Hamon niya.

"O-Of course! You're the best cook!" I said with a bright smile, yet fake one.

"Zaya, tell me what has been bothering you. I know there's something in that head of yours."

"P-Paano mo naman nasabi?" I blinked a few times.

"I can sense it. Did you forget? We have a special connection with each other since we both have the power. And by the way you blinked a few times already and the way you're uneasy, I could really tell you have something in that mind of yours. So spill."

Pwede na siyang psychiatrist. Papasa na siya.

"I think I shouldn't discuss it with you," I said while playing with my food using my fork.

"Why?"

Bakit nga ba? Dahil ba kung may malaman ako, masasaktan ako? I'm scared, alright. I'm scared of the pain.

"Zaya, what is it? May nasabi ba si Demi sayo? Did she offend you?"

Umiling ako. "What I'm thinking has nothing to do with Demi. We were fine when we talked."

"Then what is this about? Can't you really tell me? I won't force you to tell me but I'm worried."

Yumuko ako. "I'm sorry,"

"About what?"

I faced him. "About me, not opening up to you at times."

"It's alright, I understand. Pero sana kausapin mo naman ako. I'm worried here, having no clue."

I shifted on my seat. "Dark, what if you'll find someone better than me?"

Halatang nagulat siya sa tanong. "What?"

"You heard me," Mahina kong sabi. Parang nanghihina ako. Siguro dadating yung panahong 'yon.

"Is this what's bugging you?"

I slowly nodded. "I wasn't like this before... You see, I-I... I had a boyfriend before. My outlook was if he loves me, then he would stay with me, hindi niya ako iiwan. That was always my outlook before you came. Ngayon, n-natatakot ako."

His jaw clenched. "Why didn't you tell me about you having a boyfriend before?"

Parang hindi niya narinig yung iba kung sinabi, ah. "It's not important to me anymore. It's the past."

He just stared at me.

"I-I'm scared, Dark. What if you find someone better? What if I'm not enough?" Naluha na ako. Fuck myself for being a cry baby!

He went to me and caressed my cheeks, and wiping away the tears like he's wiping away the pain I'm feeling.

"Can't you see? We have this powerful connection between us. We both have the power. Maybe destiny has brought us together... I love you and I have never felt this strong attraction before."

"I-I love you too," I answered and kissed him.

He kissed me back with equal fervor.

*****

I'm currently at the first period class. Nagtanong nga si Julia kung bakit ako nawala ng ganon-ganon na lang. Nagtampo pa nga siya sa'kin dahil nag-alala daw talaga siya. I then just told her that Dark brought me to his office and we lost track of time.