Chapter 69

Chapter 69: Suspect

Throughout the class, I tried to take down notes. He's a good teacher alright, but he pisses me off. Mayroon siyang nakakakilabot na awra.

After the class ended, we went to our next class. At bago pa makapasok, we heard a voice from the huge speakers.

"Good morning, students! Take time to listen to me."

It was Madame Selina.

"You have heard about the fire incident, right? Well I have something to offer... Magbibigay ako ng sampung libong piso sa makakapagturo sa'kin kung sino ang may pakana ng sunog kagabi. I repeat, ten-thousand pesos. Just go to my office... And don't try to make up stories, I'll know it."

Nagsibulungan naman ang mga estudyante pagkatapos ng announcement ni Madame. She's really desperate to catch the suspect of the fire last night, huh? Sigurado akong may taong lalapit at magsusumbong kay Madame. And she will surely kill the suspect. Pero bago 'yon, siguradong papahirapan niya muna ito. At alam kong ganito rin ang sasapitin ko kapag nalaman niyang ako ang kumuha sa aklat tungkol sa matinding kapangyarihan. Torture me and afterwards, kill me.

I need to reach the suspect first before she can. Kailangan kong malaman kung bakit nagawa niyang sunugin ang mga nakalalasong bulaklak. He or she is brave, I must say. Ang tapang-tapang niya para magawa 'to and I never expected this to happen. Sino naman kaya ang matapang na taong 'to? No one dared to do this kind of thing before. This stunt the suspect pulled is very risky. Sa madaling salita, buwis-buhay. This is much worse than stealing the book. But still, what I did was also very risky.

We are now in our next class and I can't help but think about what's happening. I should focus in the discussion but all I could think about is the incidents.

Natigil ang discussion ni Prof ng magsalita si Madame sa intercom.

"I have some lead about the suspect. Fast right? Para nga naman sa pera..."

Natigilan ako doon.

"Someone gave me a lead that the one who started the fire was a female,"

"What the actual fuck," Sabi ko sabay bitaw sa ballpen na hawak.

"Woman with long black nails,"

No fucking way... Could it be...

"So whoever you are, missy, just surrender now so your punishment wouldn't be that worst."

"Sino kaya?"

"She's doomed,"

"Well whoever she is, she brought this to herself."

Ang dami pang sinabi ng mga kaklase ko pero hindi ko na iyon marinig dahil ang lalim ng iniisip ko.

I want to skip the next classes. Pero saan ko naman siya hahanapin sa ganitong oras? I don't know her whereabouts!

After the class ended, hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili. I skipped the class without Julia knowing. I know this isn't a good idea, lying to my friend again but this is urgent. I told her I'll just go to the bathroom and she should go first in the classroom.

Seriously, hindi ko alam kung saan ko hahahapin yung babaeng 'yon. Like I said, I don't know her whereabouts and I don't know if she has close friends here. Wala akong mapagtanungan kung nasaan siya.

Ang laki nitong paaralan na 'to, susuyurin ko talaga mahanap lang siya? Of course! She acts tough all the time but I know she also has a weakness. At kahit hindi man makikita sa mukha niya, alam kong may pinagdadaanan din siya. And I want to ask her why she burned Madame's flowers and if I could help her in any way I can, I would.