Chapter 84

Chapter 84: Over

Napansin ni Selton ang pag-iba ng ekpresyon ko. "Anong balak mo?"

We couldn't stab Rosalina with a knife or anything like that because she will immediately sense it. She's not easy to deal with. We shouldn't underestimate her.

We need to buy time. Dark's still unconscious and I don't know when he'll wake up. And Selton on the other hand wouldn't tell Rosalina where the book is. I don't know if I will be able to buy enough time until then. Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal bago mahanap ni Rosalina ang aklat. Because when she does find it, I'll be damned. She'll do the ritual immediately.

She's about to reach her goal and I'm sure she's impatient now. She wants to have the power immediately and she's willing to do everything it takes to have it. Everything she has done already proved it.

I'm worried about Selton. Rosalina might torture and kill him if he doesn't give up the book! We couldn't underestimate her power. I need to think of a plan. Quick!

"Where is the book, Selton?!" I was startled by Rosalina's shout. I can see the veins from her neck showing. "You can't burn it so where is it?"

"I buried it," Selton managed to look calm.

I was startled when Rosalina produced fire from her hands again and directed it to Selton. I shouted because of fear.

It was as if everything was in slow motion...

Naka-ilag si Selton. He was fast! Thank God! I felt relieved for a bit.

"You have a fast reflex, good for you. Siguro 'pag hindi ka naka-ilag, patay ka na ngayon."

"Selton, buy me some time." I whispered to him.

"What?"

"Keep her busy and trust me on this," I looked intently at his eyes as if I'm communicating with them using mine.

He nodded at me. I gave him an assuring smile.

"What are you two talking about? Whatever you're planning, it's not going to work! You can't get rid of me so tell me where you buried the book!"

"Fine," Selton calmly said.

Bakas ang gulat sa mga mata ni Rosalina. "This is kind of unbelievable. You're willing to risk her life now, Selton? Is it because she can't love you back?"

"This is what you want. I want all of this to be over. Pagod na 'ko kaya tapusin mo na 'to." Sagot ko.

"You've finally given up, good. There's no hope for you after all. You're destined to die, might as well accept it." She looks satisfied now. "Let's go, Selton, show me the book so I can do the ritual."

When they both started to walk away, agad akong tumakbo papunta sa kung saan si Dark.

I caressed his face. Tears again started falling from my eyes. "Dark, I need you to wake up. Please, wake up."

May kaunting dugo sa kanyang nuo pero hindi ko alam kung gaano kalakas ang pagkakatama niya sa lupa. I'm worried of him. I know how much he wants this to be over. We need to end this once and for all.

Hindi ko namalayan, may luha pala akong nalaglag sa mukha niya. I immediately wiped it away. I caressed his hair and his face. He looked peaceful and I don't know what's going on in his mind right now. Is he dreaming?

We only have a little time before Rosalina figures out what Selton is doing. She's smart and she'll know it sooner. At kapag nangyari 'yon at hindi pa nagising si Dark, she'll kill Selton. She'll kill everyone before she kills me and I don't want another bloodshed. Ayokong may mamamatay pa.