Chapter 77

Chapter 77: Light

It's been three days since my encounter with Reena. And it's been three days since I last saw Dark. Ang hirap ikimkim sa sarili yung sakit na nararamdaman ko. Walang nagdaan na araw na hindi ako umiyak. I tried my best to attend classes but it's still useless since my mind is outside the window. Pumapasok nga ako sa klase, wala naman akong maintindihan dahil hindi naman ako nakikinig.

"Hija, can we talk?" Ani Mrs. Kang.

Tumango naman ako at lumapit. Mukhang seryoso siya. Her class just ended.

"Wala ka sa sarili mo this past few days. Ayos ka lang ba?" Tunog nag-aalala ang boses niya. Mrs. Kang is one of those people here that has a soft heart. She's one of the nicest people in this hell hole.

"A-Ayos lang po ako,"

"Bakit ko pa ba tinanong? Halatang hindi ka okay. Why are you keeping your problem to yourself? Ganon ba kalala na ayaw mong sabihin sa iba? Kay Julia?"

Parang maiiyak na naman ako. Fuck, I'm such a cry baby. Bakit alam ni Mrs. Kang na may kinikimkim ako? Ganon na ba talaga ako kahalata?

She sighed and held my hand. I was startled but I felt warmth and I felt comfort somehow. This scenario we're both in right now is like a mother and daughter relationship. I feel like she's my mother.

"Sometimes it's better to tell someone what your problem is. It can make you feel better even just a bit. If you want someone to talk to, I'm just here."

She's really nice and sincere. Even though we don't talk that much, she asks me how I'm doing from time to time like a mother. She has been acting like a mother to Julia too. Ang swerte ni Julia kung magiging ganap niyang mother in law si Mrs. Kang.

A tear fell from my eye. "T-Thank you po,"

She held my hand tighter. "Whatever you're in right now, you'll get through it. I know it."

I hope I'll get through this soon. She said sometimes it's better to tell someone what your problem is. Sa tingin ko, kailangan ko nga talaga ng kausap ngayon. I also need advice on what to do and I think Mrs. Kang is the right person to talk to.

Magsasalita sana ako ng may mga estudyanteng nagsidatingan. Oo nga pala, muntik ko ng makalimutan na may klase pa si Mrs. Kang at ako rin naman. Tatayo na sana ako ng pinigilan niya ako.

"I won't teach you today. I have an important meeting right now. I'll just see you tomorrow." Namilog naman ang mga mata ko sa sinabi ni Mrs. Kang. She's really going to do this for me?

Nagsi-alisan naman ang mga estudyante at narinig ko pa ang hiyawan nila.

"M-Ma'am, ba't niyo po ginawa 'yon? I'll just come back later—"

Umiling-iling naman siya. "You want to talk to me, right? You have decided to tell me and ask for help? Well this is urgent. You can't function well because of your problem. Hindi na dapat 'to pinapatagal."

I admire her. Mag-ina nga talaga sila ni Godwin. They always know what's going on. As I have remembered, Godwin was the one who knew that someone went inside our dorm when I was sick before. Is this a talent or a skill?

I took a deep breath before telling her my problem. But I didn't say a name. Hindi ko binanggit si Dark o si Reena. Hindi rin naman nagtanong si Mrs. Kang kung sino-sino ang mga tinutukoy ko.

"He wants to talk to you, right? He wants to explain what happened between him and the girl? You're scared to hear his side of the story but you should. Kahit ano man ang magiging resulta 'non, hija, you have to listen to his side. You were both part of the relationship. He has the right to explain. And you also have the right to ask him why he suddenly kissed another girl the day after your breakup. You need clarity, Zaya. Ang daming tanong sa isip mo at kailangan mo ng sagot. Communication is the key."