Chapter 81

Chapter 81: Twin

I turned to face Madame again. She looked at me with sarcasm. "You always like to play the hero,"

"Mom, stop it!" Ani Selton at akmang pupuntahan niya ako nang pinigilan siya ni Madame.

"Don't you dare take one more step closer to her, Selton Rage." Banta niya.

S-Selton, please leave. The last thing I want is for you to be involved in my mess—"

Namalayan ko na lang na nakalapit na siya sa'kin. He disobeyed his mother. He held my shoulders. "Hey, I won't leave you. I'll talk to my mom. I'll do everything I can to stop her from killing you!"

I took his hands off my shoulders gently. I looked at him with begging eyes. "There's nothing you can do. You can't convince her and you know that. Laban ko 'to. I'll face this on my own."

"How can I let you? You'll die! Are you on a suicide mission?!"

I remembered Dark. He's also mad at me for my decision. They're all mad because of my decision but I need to do this. And I'll do my best to survive this.

"How could you disobey me, Selton?! Lock him up!" Ani Madame sa mga naka-cloak.

Agad naman nilang hinawakan ang magkabilang braso ni Selton.

"Please, just don't hurt him! Sasama na ako sayo! Just don't hurt the people I care for!"

She wouldn't hurt his son. She shouldn't.

Selton was strong and he managed to free himself but one of the guys with a cloak injected him with something.

"N-No! No! What did you do to him? How could you do this to your son?!" Agad kong nilapitan si Selton.

He looked at me intently before he lost consciousness. I tried to hold his face. "Hey, w-wake up, please!"

Before I could say another word to him, the guys already took him away.

"What did you do?!" Nanlilisik kong sabi.

She waved her hand at me as if it was nothing. "Stop overreacting. He's going to wake up after a few hours. He's being stubborn so I needed to get rid of him for a while. I wouldn't kill my son!"

I felt relieved for a little bit. But my relief immediately vanished when I saw Prof Leonsio walking towards us with the book of the rarest power.

So when they went to the dorm, they got Julia and they got the book. Of course.

Prof Leonsio handed it to Madame and he eyed me with amusement. He smirked and I felt creeped out because of it. Well, well, Miss Dawnt, it was you. I know there was something about you. You're my fierce and brave student."

Madame dramatically held the book. "Finally, I got a hold of my prized possession. Without this, I wouldn't be able to do the ritual."

Ritual? Ritual in transferring the rarest power to herself?

"Kill me now. You got what you wanted, right? I stole the book and you got it back. Now, kill me." I tried to act brave while saying it.

Prof Leonsio smirked even more. Madame sarcastically laughed at me.

"Not so fast, dear. I need to test something out. You know what, it's been hard for us to test who has the rarest power since we need laboratory materials to determine if there's something extraordinary with their blood. Pero ngayon na nasa akin na ulit itong aklat, I can easily determine it."