27 - Hometown and Boba

AUGUST 2ND

JUSTINES P.O.V

I was listening to music from my phone. Whenever my music is on shuffle, I always press next multiple times to find a song that’s actually decent and worth listening too. After tapping my screen repeatedly, I settle on a song: Partition by Beyoncé. That was one of my favourite songs on that album.

Matt was sitting beside me on the plane and he was starting to fall asleep. I smiled at him and grabbed his hand. I held his hand and smiled. A couple years ago, I would of never thought that I would be this lucky to have the perfect boyfriend.

 I would have never thought any of this would happen; meeting the girls and buying our dream house together. I remember in 10th grade, when we all started to talk on twitter. How Gisel asked if anyone from Cali wanted to start a group chat. Being from Vancouver, I was hesitant to ask if I could be a part of it, even though I didn’t live in the country. I took a chance and asked her. She let me be in it and I’m so grateful. We became really good friends since then, including Kenzi.

Matt gripped my hand tighter and smiled at me. He took one of my headphones out and put it in his ear and grabbed my phone, skipping most songs and he chose one, a fairly old song that triggered some memories: Classic by MKTO. I smiled as him and kissed his cheek.

“Brings back good memories.”  He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and rested it against his shoulder as the music played.

There was only an hour and a half left of the flight, considering the flight was only 2 hours and 45 minutes. I fell asleep in the seat very uncomfortably.

I opened my eyes; Matt was putting my phone away since we were landing. I was super excited to be back home. I was wondering where we would all stay since there’s no room at my house or Mayas Dads, maybe her Moms place. I’ll ask her later when we drive home. 

MAYAS P.O.V

After we landed, Shawn and I stood up and we started to walk off the plane. We were one of the first people off, so we waited for everyone else. Shawn grabbed my waist and held me tightly.

“I’m excited to see your hometown and what you and Justine do.” He said. I smiled up at him, I’m glad he’s excited to see everything. Justine texted me saying Matt and her got stuck at their seats waiting for everyone else. She also asked me if we could stay at my Moms house. I called my Mom.

She answered and she was happy to know that we made it home safely. She was in a good mood, which was great for when we all come over. I asked her if we could all stay at her house and explained where we would sleep. She agreed; what a relief. I was about to hang up but she stopped me.

“So, Shawn is it, right?” She asked me. I smiled to myself and held Shawns hand. “Yes Mom, what about him?” I asked her wondering what she was going to say or criticise about him. “Is he short?” Was all she asked. I laughed remembering she doesn’t like it when guys are too short. “Trust me Mom, he’s perfect.” I quietly whispered so Shawn didn’t hear me. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

As I put my phone in my pocket Shawn held me tightly. “Talking about me are you? Was that your mom?” He said raising his eyebrows. I blushed and nodded, “Yeah I was telling her how bad of a boyfriend you were.” I said and laughed. His mouth turned into an ‘O’ and he started to talk. “How dare you, I am an amazing boyfriend.” He said and kissed me softly. “I know babe, don’t worry. I love you.” I giggled laughing at him.

Finally after ten minutes, they others walked out. We headed to get our bags and Justine’s brother called. I guess he was picking us up, I forgot he could drive. Justine told us her brother was here so we headed towards the exit.