Prologue: Paranoia

I stepped on the shards of broken glass under my feet. My heart beats against my chest like a thousand horses galloping inside my rib cage.

Dread fills my entire system that I feel my body starts to numb as I stare at the blood splattered all over the floor and broken bodies scatter everywhere. I cannot take a good look at their faces because they are all lying face down on the floor.

I saw a familiar small body topped with platinum long blond hair and I noticed that her hand's intertwined with someone else's hand. The moment my eyes went to the form beside her, I recognized the blood red wings and a bloody form with dark hair lying next to her.

No. This can't be happening.

I walked towards them, ignoring the prickly feeling of the glass' fragments under my feet. I kneeled next before the one with the red wings and I tried to roll his body on his back to face me. I feel like I am going to be sick seeing his throat is being slit and his vacant eyes staring at the ceiling. Uncle Raphael.

But from where I am, I can clearly see the hole on the back of the small body beside him. I don't want to see who is it, yet I need to be sure. I did the same to what I do to umcle Raph's corpse and I gasped to see mom with a huge hole gaping on her chest, the same as uncle Raphael her once beautiful silver eyes are staring vacantly at the space.

"Do you see what happened to them, Raziel? It's your fault." I heard Lucifer said somewhere. I shake my head as I explore the whole place with my eyes to see the carcasses of angels surrounding me. Including Nuriel with his other arm missing and also a hole on his chest.

Nuriel's dead. Uncle Raphael's dead and mom's dead. Everybody's dead.

"It's because of you, Raziel."

It's because of me.

I think I heard someone's screaming, but to my dismay it's my own voice.

"Raziel! Hey! Why are you screaming?" the scenery changed and now all I see are the curious eyes of the other archangels.

I am inside the archangel court.

I turn to see Nuriel's worried look, he's alive. My eyes went to where uncle Raphael is, he's also alive. His dark eyes are alight with worry, same as uncle Michael and uncle Gabriel.

"What happened? Why are you screaming at the top of your lungs? And you're shaking." I didn't answer him instead I hugged Nuriel tightly. Afraid that he might disappear.

And it will be my fault.
---

A/N: Ephemeral is going to end soon so a prologue for Desidirium will be up for now.