Achtunddreißig

Raziel

I couldn't even look mom and uncle Raph straight in the eyes, the scene I witnessed in the library yesterday is still replaying in my mind.

And it's also a very awkward situation to find out that I'll be having a younger sibling soon.

I think I know why mom choose to wear a gown with a dark blue lace choker on the neck with blue roses around it and a long lacey sleeve.

She have to hide the hickeys.

"I don't know why are you staring at mom, but it's disgusting, halfling." I heard Irisviel whispered on my ear with disdain in her tone.

I resume back eating quietly, Irisviel still hates me. Even though we are both halfling, she treats me like a garbage while mom's not looking at us.

She is also a halfling and yet she is still a bitch.

I saw Bedivere walked in with a serious face on his face "You hace a visitor, my Queen." Just when he said that, a woman with black hair that reaches up to her waist line and cold mint green eyes step into the dining room.

Everyone goes quiet, no one speaks nor move a muscle.

Aristelle Black, she is a mystery even to us. She moves gracefully almost perfect like an expert predator, the way she carries herself there is this enigmatic and enticing character she has.

Her presence is oozing with confidence and dominance, like an ancient power that has yet to be unraveled.

The Vampire lords murmured to each other, probably they didn't even expect it too that she would come here.

I bet she is invited in the wedding, of course, after all she is mom's aunt.

Mom has to curtsy before her and Aristelle nodded in recognition "You may go back eating, Ira." And that, mom resume eating quietly.

She sit across uncle Raph and beside uncle Gabe, the only vacant seat in the table.

The two archangels exchange glances with each other, still wary towards the newcomer.

"That's their routine everytime the Grail Master's here." Lady Celes whispered on my ear.

I nodded a little "Grail Master?" I asked, confused by the fact that I heard that topic again.

The Grail is an ancient and primordial omnipotent cup that could grant any wish you desire.

Anybody, I mean, every living creature or even the undead wanted to get their hands on that cup.

And there is this so called Holy Grail war where some chosen Master has to summon Heroic Spirits or Servants to be their pawns to win the war.

According to the royal records, only that Ilia won countless battles.

But Lady Celes mentioned that Aristelle is the Grail Master, is she and Ilia the same person or not?

Probably not?

I'm confused and curious.

Celes shrugged "You gotta learn more, Lord Raziel." I have to blink a couple of times to register what she said.

Did she just called me Lord Raziel?

I almost grinned widely if only Nuriel is not giving me a dark look.
---

"I see you've been very close to that vampire Lord." Nuriel said casually as we stroll along the gardens.

I pouted at him"Is it bad? At least I got one Vampire Lord in my side, Nuri."

Nuriel shrugged as he turn to look at me "Listen, Raz, I don't trust anyone from them, except Ira and Ire. It seems that they are after for your death or what." I sighed and hugged him.

"You are just paranoid okay? They won't harm me." I just hope they didn't.

Nuriel seems not convinced, I don't know why he said that, then I suddenly remember the sudden deaths of mom's Generals.

What if some vampire lords are helping the demons?

My body goes rigid when I feel someone has been watching us for a while now, the hair on my nape stood up as I turn around to find who is it.

I blanches to who I saw behind the bushes hiding in the shadows of the trees.

Vermillion eyes, tousled brown hair and sharp fangs dripping with vampire venom.

"Raz?" I have to push Nuriel to keep him away from the flying arrow towards us.

The arrow hit my shoulder and I suddenly gone numb as I hit the ground.

Nuriel's eyes widened in shock as I gesture him to run away which he did and I am glad that he listened.

I saw a pair of black boots walking towards my limp form, I couldn't even open my eyes, but the last thing I've heard is the familiar voice of the culprit.

"Lovely, a wonderful gift to Rossier."
---