Drei

Claudius

"So there's a new servant?" I asked Vinea while we are in the general's quarter.

She just nod quietly and focused on tossing the apple in the air. I got a suspicion, these following days when the young master is here, I noticed that there is a pair of eyes lurking in the shadows.

The feeling of being uneasy never left even though he went back on Heaven with Lord Raphael last week.

I couldn't put a finger on what is it and yet there's a new servant here in the castle.

There is something strange going on and I just can't ignore it.

"Where are you going?" Aris asked when he noticed that I am tucking my knives inside the pockets of my trench coat.

"To patrol the perimeter." I answered and I teleported to go to the garden.

It is still winter and the ground is covered in snow. I pulled my furry trench coat close to my body when I feel the cold is penetrating.

I sniffed the air and the demonic stench is very strong, what I mean stench is their presence lingers in the area.

Then I saw a unfamiliar cloak figure went out from the kitchen door, with a basket in her hand.

I frown and I move towards the figure to see that it is a female.

"Are you the new servant?" I ask and she turn around to face me.

Shock was evident on her face "Yes, my lord." and she kept her eyes trained on the ground.

I glance at the basket she is holding and I see a bunch of apples covered with a cloth on top of it.

So the young master is going to visit again.

"Those are for young master Raziel, correct?"

She nods "The Queen ask the servants to fetch lots of apples for the Prince."

"Where did you get those?"

"From the east garden, but there are only few left so I'm going to look for the other gardens here. But Lord Aris told me that in the Queen's garden is where the crimson colored apples grow."

I sigh as I took the basket from her hand hastily "Go inside and I'll be the one to go to the Queen's garden."

"May I ask why?" she look up at me with a quizzical expression.

Crimson apples are very rare in our climate, where everything withered away due to the cruel cold. But there is a certain garden here in the palace where luscious apples grow.

And that place is in the private garden of the Queen.

"Only her generals are allowed to go that place and servants like you are not allowed." I said, coldly.

I am not usually the type to give somebody the first time I met a cold shoulder.

Maybe because of the demonic presence I feel is too strong in this place, and I couldn't help but to worry.

I walked past her and went to the Queen's garden.

This is the perfect time for me to patrol the area.
---

Rosier

I snickered when the general left, it's not that I care if I'm being find out but I make sure that my plan will work out.

Earlier, I killed one of their servant in order for me to infiltrate completely. I should dressed up as one of them and pretend that I am also a servant.