Siebenundzwandzig

Raziel

Nuriel and I tease uncle Raphael as we went to Heaven with him. The older archangel is blushing in embarassment, but couldn't scold us because we are awesome.

We talked to uncle Michael about the wedding plans, uncle Gabriel is happy about it and he even mentioned uncle Hellios' name, how come does he know about him?

But uncle Michael seems to be out of his mind, which is kind of weird to me.

Maybe because I don't know him well, but it is strange to see him that way.

Uncle Michael gets up from his chair and murmurs an excuse from us, the three angels except me seems not to be taken aback from his action.

I blinked "W-what's happening? Is he upset?"

Uncle Gabriel sighed "I think he dreamed of 'her' again, poor guy." He said as he shake his head in disbelief.

Who is that 'her' they are talking about?

Nuriel put his hand on my shoulder and shake his head, that stopped me from asking further questions.

That's uncle Michael's privacy and I respect it. Nuriel, uncle Raphael and uncle Gabriel decided to go with me to mom's kingdom.

The two older archangels are busy picking out fruits, flowers and some fine silks. While Nuri and I are preparing our clothes for overnight stay.

This day is strange because I feel so nervous and uneasy, like something's bad gonna happen and I couldn't put a finger what is it.

We saw uncle Gabriel holding a basket in his hand, full of fruits and uncle Raphael on the other hand is holding a bouquet filled of red, white and pink roses.

Mom will surely love it, she is a rose freak, even the whole kingdom is filled of different roses, but there is a part where roses that has golden hue and pinkish petals grow.

Mom doesn't let anybody touch it, Bedivere said those roses are her most favorite and every night she went there to water the roses.

Roses of Fianna.

Bedivere said it is mom's memento mori for someone who is much dear to her, I wonder who is this person?

She never tell me nor uncle Raphael who is that person, but there is an old portrait where mom is with a man with a mole under his eye and kind looking golden brown eyes.

That painting is in the storage room, with a golden frame and the image doesn't even fade.

Just who is that guy?
---

Later that day, we arrived in the castle and the entire place is awfully quiet, the only thing we can hear is our foot steps.

I don't know why I'm getting anxious, we are usually greeted by mom's Generals and Vinea since she took Claudius' place when he died.

But now, we are completely walking along the deserted main entrance.

Vampires are truly respectful people but now, they don't even greet their prince and potential future King.

"Stop right there!" The four of us perked up when we heard the strange sound of footsteps and mom's castle guards came rushing into our direction, pointing their spears right into our faces.

We are baffled by their actions, what on earth is happening?

The two older archangels became vigilant and alert, however, when they saw mom's coming into our direction, the guards ceased their action.

Though, I noticed mom's facial reaction, it is not warm nor she is smiling but her usual stoic and cold facade.

Uncle Raphael walk over towards her, with a basket of roses in his arm. He is smiling and very happy to see her.

But...

Slap!

"Don't ever touch me! You filthy cheater!" Mom's slap echoed through the entire kingdom.

Silence reigned over us and uncle Raphael's confused face is very evident.

Nuri nudges me and we both saw Bedivere walk over to where mom and uncle Raphael is. He placed a hand on mom's shoulder but mom shrugged it off as she walk away.

Uncle Raphael touched his sore cheek, mom's hand was imprinted in the flesh.

That sure hurts as hell.

"I... I cheated? What? How?" Uncle Raph asked, completely not himself right now.

Uncle Gabriel walk up to check his cheek "That looks so painful, brother."

Uncle Raph nodded, still surprised as he keep rubbing his cheek.

First of all, how will he cheat when he stayed in Heaven with us for the whole time. We just had meeting earlier before we went here.

Just what on earth happened?

Bedivere sighed "She saw 'you' fornicating with a kitchen servant in the storage room."

Uncle Raph's eyes widened "Me? Fornicating with someone whom I don't even know?"

Uncle Gabriel is stiffling a laughter "Dude you have a doppleganger?"

Uncle Raph scowled at him, I hardly pay attention to their conversation because of the figure standing behind a tree, looking in our direction.

I blink a couple of times to see if my vision is not playing tricks with me but I am not hallucinating or some sort of delusions.

I am so sure that is the man in the portrait.

With the mole under his eye and those golden brown orbs.
---