Einundzwanzig

Claudius

I was waiting only for our tormentors to kill us and get over of the agony.

The smell of the blood is filling the air with malice and violence.

My head shakily glance beside me, where Wasp's form is sitting on the ground, his emotionless face is staring at his own chained feet.

"Wasp!" I whispered shout at him.

I got frustrated when he didn't pay attention so I gotta call him again.

"Wasp! Hey!" I sighed in relief when he lift his face to look at me.

I almost wanted to gag when I see the flesh peeling off from his face and his skin is regenerating from the severe injury.

I ignored it and stare at his eyes "You have to try to get out of here and tell our Queen we're being ambushed in our patrol and we need a back up." I whispered shout again.

He is just staring at me blankly as he shake his chained wrists and feet.

I sighed.

What a life, I thought we'll gonna be home for dinner but while we are in our patrol, we were ambushed by Gremory's Legion.

Even if I am a Noble type of vampire who choose to be a Knight, I can't take on a whole Legion by just the two of us.

Only the Purebloods can do that, those who have exceptional power.

I shut my eyes and focus, I am trying to contact Vinea or Zelrick, if at least one of them learned about what happened on us, I am sure reinforcement will come.

I keep on trying to talk to Vinea through telepathy but the connection is too weak and same as to Zelrick.

"It's futile, quit it." Somebody spoke, Wasp and I turn our heads to see someone standing at the corner of the cell.

I hissed "Show yourself."

The person chuckled and he step out of the shadows.

My eyes widened to see who it is,  he is almost identical to the young master.

Wasp remained silent as he watch the guy smirking in our direction.

I keep silent too, I don't want to move a muscle as one of the potential threat is standing right in front of us.

"So.. How's my little brother?" He asked.

I was shocked for a moment before I answered in a clipped tone. "He's fine."

He chuckled and shake his head "Must be nice to stay always in Heaven huh, Dumah could've keep him as his pet but that vampire rescued him. Such a shame."

I growled "Lord Raziel does not deserve to stay in this pathetic place, unlike you."

And with that, I earned a punch from him that I almost see some stars.

"That feels good to punch a vampire." After he said that, he took out a small knife from the sheath around his waist.

"N-no! Not that weapon!" I looked at Wasp's direction and I see him shaking in fear.

I frowned and I look back at the small knife, the blade is glistening with purple and I can smell wolfsbane.

Shit.

Now I know why Wasp is panicking.

But in this situation, I shouldn't be surprised to see the enemy have something that can hurt a vampire.