Six

I woke up in his fucking bed. At first I was pissed cause I thought he was in it with me, until I sat up and looked over at the couch.

He slept peacefully in it, undisturbed or uncomfortable. I slid out of the bed and crept to the bathroom. I used the toilet then pulled my socks on, after washing my hands.

I pulled the sweater over my body and opened the window, we'd try this a different way.

I sucked in my gut and stuck my hips up as I sent my legs out the window first. The cool air made me shiver slightly but my butt made it out.

I smirked and turned around then slowly slid my top half out. I took a deep breath then let go of the window.

I fell, holding my hand over my mouth so I didn't scream. I fell onto a large, plushy bush and sighed relieved. I took a deep breath and looked around.

It was still early in the morning. The grass was wet, and the air was slightly chilly as the sun rose.

I began to lightly jog, trying not to put pressure on my knee. Lincoln had bushes surrounding the estate, along with a fence.

I made a straight line for the bushes and fence. I hid in the bushes and looked around, I couldn't see anyone. I took a deep breath then began to climb the fence.

Once I succesfully made it onto the other side, I began to follow the road. I stayed in the ditch, so I wouldn't be spotted easily.

The road led to a forest area so I jogged amongst the trees, hidden. As I jogged, I tried to think of a way to get home.

Who would drive or fly me back home? Would anyone help me? Or would they give me back to Lincoln?

As these thoughts ran through my mind I didn't hear the cars race down the road, until they were too close.

I gasped and dropped down on the forest floor and stayed silent as the cars slowly drove by.

I stayed on the ground until I could no longer hear the engines and got up. I began to jog again, praying the estate wasn't far from a local town or city.

I jogged for what seemed like forever, as the sun began to rise higher. My socks were soaked and dirty, the sun had risen farther and I was sweaty.

I stopped and wrapped my sweater around my waist, making sure it was tight.

I took a couple of breaths and began to jog again. Soon, the forest cleared and I was left with an open field.

"Fuck."
I muttered and sat down, a few meters into the forest. There was barely any protection for me out there.

The ground did have small hills but that was it. I sighed and got up, then began to jog again, sticking close to the ditch.

In the distance I could see something black heading towards me, until it quickly took shape of a car.

I gasped and got down on my stomach. I was going to be found, they were going to find me.

I held my breath as the car came closer and closer, until it passed right by. I sighed relieved and waited until I could no longer hear it and began to jog again.

It was getting hotter, my knee was getting sore and I was growing tired. My pace slowed as I did a small jog, slightly regretting my decision of running away.

I knew Lincoln was searching for me by now, and he was probably pissed. If he got me back, who knew what he would do to me?

I was really beginning to become thirsty and this plan seemed impossible, until in the distance I could see a house.