Thirty

Anastasia's POV

I woke up to Lincoln running his fingers through my hair. I looked up at him and he stopped moving his hand.

"Don't stop."
I whispered, closing my eyes and he lightly chuckled then began to run his fingers through my hair again.

"Are you hungry?"
He whispered and I shook my head. I wasn't hungry at the moment.
"What does the doctor want you eating for breakfast?"
He asked and I sighed, opening my eyes and looking up at him.

"Brekafast foods with lots of protein and I guess fats. I don't know, my mom gets it for me."
I replied and he sighed.
"And you're not worrying about me."
I added and he raised an eyebrow.

"I don't need you stressing over me. Not after what you've been through. I'm here for you. I'll deal with myself also, but we're both going to be focused on you mainly. Ok?"
I explained and he sighed, staring at me.

"Ok?"
I repeated and he slightly nodded. I leaned against him and yawned, closing my eyes.

"I think we'll just stay in bed today. I need some rest before I go back to work."
He muttered and I slightly nodded. We lay there silently for a few minutes then someone knocked on the door.

I sighed and he got out of bed and walked over to the door. He opened it and my mom walked in with a maid and they both were carrying trays of food.

"Here's breakfast. Your vitamin is next to your milk, Lincoln that tray is yours, the doctor will be up here in an hour or so to give Lincoln a check up."
My mom told us as she set the trays down at out coffee table.

Lincoln nodded and closed the door behind my mom and the maid as they left the room.

I got out of bed and walked over to the couch and sat down. Lincoln sat down with me and we both began to eat.

**

We lay in bed, staring at each other. The doctor had examined Lincoln for about half an hour before getting him medicine and some bandage wrap.

Lots of Lincoln's cuts had to be cleaned, his leg was checked out, his ribs, they had to set his nose back into place and he had a minor concussion.

He was given a lot, but he didn't seem to be in any pain. By the time the doctor was done, my mom had come with lunch. I sighed and pecked Lincoln's lips before pulling myself closer and pressing our lips together.

His hands went to my hips and I rested my hands on the sides of his face as we kissed.

He slightly rolled us over, so I was on my back and he was hovering over me.

He kept our lips together and I pulled him closer to me.
"I missed you."
I whispered against his lips and he softly trailed kisses over my neck. It was definitely different from before.

Before he was a bit more rough, and into it, now he's treating me like a glass doll with a crack in it.

"I missed you too."
He whispered and I slightly smiled. I tugged at his pants and he suddenly stopped.

He pulled back and looked down at me and I sighed.
"I just thought we could since we haven't in so long."
I explained and he sighed, sitting back.

"We can't."
He muttered and I sat up also, my shirt slightly sliding off my shoulder. His eyes followed the movement and I sighed.

"We don't have to, but why can't we?"
I replied and he shrugged. He grabbed my shirt and pulled it back over my bony shoulder, his eyes avoiding my body.