Seven

I stood with my arms stretched out. Lincoln sat on the couch with a glass of whiskey, a smirk plastered on his face.

I was uncomfortable and frustrated, and he knew it. The lady kept pulling the measuring tape all around my body, muttering to herself then writing in her notebook.

"So what kind of dress are you looking for hun?"
She asked and I sighed.
"Simple. I sort of want it designed like my grandmas."
I explained and she nodded.

"May I have photos?"
She asked and I nodded then left to the closet, apparently my parents had packed my photos from my room also.

I grabbed the one of my grandma and grandpa on their wedding day. They both look unhappy, unlike the people they are today.

I handed the photo to the woman and she began to sketch my grandmas dress into her book.

She then gave me back the photo and I put it away.
"Alright, so white?"
She asked when I came back and I nodded. She wrote it down in her book and sighed.

"For the sleeves, do you want them like your grandmothers, or just normal sleeves?"
She asked.
"Normal sleeves."
I replied and she wrote it down.

"Alright. I'm off."
She announced and left the room. I sighed and sat down on the couch. I felt Lincolns eyes on me, but I ignored it.

Earlier this morning, his phone began to ring and it scared me so I accidently kicked him really hard in the shin. He was pissed and I think he was plotting revenge, but he didn't lash out.

He's been sort of quiet since yesterday.

He sat down next to me and finished off his glass of whiskey. He set it down on the table and I tiredly looked up at him.

"Tired?"
He asked and I nodded, looking away.
"I'm gonna have a nap."
I muttered and walked over to the bed.

I climbed into it and he sighed.
"We're going out tonight, so dress your best."
He told me and I nodded before falling asleep.

**

I woke up and Lincoln sat at the couch eating lunch. I yawned then got out of bed and shuffled over.

I began to eat with him, silently. His phone then began to ring. He picked it up and answered.

"Well get someone to drive us."
He replied to the voice on the other end then hung up. He put his phone down and continued eating.
"Where are we going tonight?"
I asked and he sighed.

"A gathering of some mafias."
He replied and I stopped eating.
"Your family wont be going."
He added and I looked down. Of course not.

"You'll have to wear a dress."
He told me and I stayed silent.
"I forgot, I meant to give you this yesterday but you ran off. Heres your ring."
He said and handed me a square box.

I opened it and slid the ring on. It was just a normal, silver diamond ring. Nothing special. I handed him back the box and stayed silent.

The ring felt heavy on my finger, or maybe my mind was making it seem heavy, because I really didn't want to be apart of this fucking marriage.

I finished eating and got up from the couch. I went to the closet and began to go through my dresses.

I needed one that I'd be comfortable in, all night. Finally I decided on a dress I had just recently bought with my mom. (Picture is at beginning of chapter)

Starting at my waist, and down, the dress was a tight, dark blue silk. Then mid thigh, it becomes sort of like a mermaid dress.

The top half is sort of beige, the back see through. A white gem design decorates the front and leads onto my back, sort of like straps.