Eight

I woke up in bed, Lincoln's bare arm wrapped around me. I wore a t-shirt and shorts, my dress lay on the ground with my bra.

A makeup wipe sat on my nightstand and everything from last night hit me, causing me to get a headache.

My hand slid down and rested below my stomach. I can't believe I made Lincoln do that.

At least he didn't actaully listen to me and fuck me. He grunted and his arm pulled away. He sat up and I gulped, staring at the wall.

"What do you remember?"
He asked and I gulped again.
"Everything."
I whispered and he yawned. I took a deep breath then turned around and looked at him.

His chest was bare and I sighed.
"I'm sorry about how I acted."
I apolpgized to him and he nodded.
"It's fine."
He replied and I stared at his side.

Then suddenly I had the stronge urge to throw up. My hand slapped over my mouth and I sat up then jumped off the bed.

I raced towards the bathroom when I hit the corner of the couch and went flying to the ground, throwing up all over the floor.

"Damnit!"
Limcoln shouted getting up and hot tears ran down my face. Throwing up always felt so gross, painful and inhuman to me.

There is never once where I didn't cry, throwing up. My mom said it was weird. I stood and ran into the bathroom as I felt the next wave come.

I dropped down in front of the toilet and threw up, clutching the sides of the toilet. Lincoln came into the bathroom and sighed.

He pulled my hair up away from my face while I threw up, until finally nothing else would come up.

I flushed the toilet then sat back and leaned against the tub. Lincoln grabbed a cloth and soaked it in warm water then handed it to me.

I wiped my mouth with it and closed my eyes.
"I'm going to get a maid to clean up, stay in here."
He ordered and I nodded then he left the bathroom.

I got up and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth twice then went and sat back down, my head was pounding.

Lincoln walked back into the bathroom and sat down next to me. I gulped then slowly leaned my head against his warm arm.

We sat there silent listening to the maid walk in and begin to clean my vomit.

"How are you feeling?"
He asked and I sighed.
"My head hurts."
I replied and he nodded, then stood and turned on the tub. I sat against it while he felt the water before sitting back down next to me.

I leaned back against him and sighed. His warm skin felt nice against my pounding head, for some reason.

I grabbed his arm and held it over my forehead and I could feel him watching me.
"What are you doing?"
He asked and I groaned.

"Your skin is nice and warm. I'm cold and have a headache."
I replied and he nodded.
"Ok."
He muttered then moved his arm.

I was about to protest but he wrapped both his arms around me and pulled me into his bare chest.

Heat surrounded me as he held me against his chest between his legs, and rested his hand on my forehead.

I closed my eyes and stayed silent. This felt so nice. I cuddled closer to his chest and listened to the maid clean.

**

I lay in bed, a cloth on my forehead. Lincoln lay beside me, doing work. My hair was still damp from my bath that he had got ready for me.

My headache had gotten worse since this morning. I groaned then flipped around and pressed my face against Lincoln's side.

"What are you doing?"
He asked looking down at me and I groaned in response.
"Are you sure you're just not sick with something?"
He asked me and I shrugged.

"Are you just over exaggerating?"
He asked and I looked up at him.
"No."
I replied then put my head back against his skin.

He sighed and wrapped his arm around me, continuing his work.
"Why did I drink so much?"
I asked and he stopped.
"I don't know."
He replied and I took a deep breath.

I closed my eyes and tried to put myself to sleep, so I wouldn't feel the pain. Worst fucking hangover ever.

His pen scratching against his paper began to annoy me and I blindly grabbed his wrist.
"Stop."
I hissed and I could feel his eyes on the top of my head.

"I have to work."
He replied and I looked up at him.
"Fine."
He muttered and started getting out of the bed.
"Nooo! Lincoln!"
I groaned as he got up.

"You know, yesterday you didn't even want to be in the same room as me. Suddenly you want me back in bed."
He replied and I narrowed my eyes.

"You want me to hold a grudge and hate you? Or do you want me to act like I'm happy, and actaully try attempt this relationship."
I hissed and he crossed his arms.
"Plus, you help with my headache."
I added and he rolled his eyes.

"I have to work."
He muttered again and pulled on a shirt. I groaned and listened to him leave the room. Fuck him.

I tried to sleep, for a long time but couldn't. I sighed then got out of the bed and left the room, wrapping the duvet around me.

"Lincoln!"
I shouted, blindly roaming the hallways. The duvet following me like a long cape.

"Lincoln!!"
I shouted once more, tiredly. John then walked up to me and I looked up at him.

"Where's Lincoln?"
I asked and he led me to his office. He opened the door and Lincoln glanced at us. I walked over to Lincoln and he watched my every move.

I climbed onto his lap and curled into myself, leaning against him and pulling the duvet tighter around me.

I closed my eyes and he sighed then began to do his work again while John watched us.
"Whats up with her?"
He asked and Lincoln sighed.

"Hangover. She's probably not going to be so cuddly when her headache leaves and her mind goes back to its normal self."
He replied and I grunted.

"Oh. Well anyway, most of the guests will be attending the wedding, next month."
John explained and Lincoln nodded.
"Alright. You can leave us."
He replied and I listened to John leave the room.

Slowly, I fell asleep on Lincoln's lap.

**

I woke up in bed, Lincoln holding me against his chest tightly. The room was dark, so I knew it was night time.

Lincoln was lightly snoring. I stared at his bare chest, or what I could see. I brought my finger up and began to trace his muscles, he was the first mafia man I had ever met with no tattoos.

Which was weird.

I got all the way up to his jaw when suddenly his hand came up and grabbed mine.

A soft gasp escaped my lips and he intwined our fingers then kissed the back of my hand.

"Go too sleep, Ana."
He whispered, half awake. He let go of my hand and I rested it against his chest then closed my eyes.

He was such a gentle guy. It was kind of weird sometimes.