Twenty Six

Anastasia's POV

I got out of bed and stretched. I quickly got dressed then left to Lincoln's office again.

I sat down in his spot and began to read over the lists, waiting for Enid and John.

The office door suddenly closed and I looked up at one of Lincoln's men.
"Mrs. Smith."
He muttered and I gave him a slight nod of my head.

"Can I help you?"
I asked him and he shook his head.
"I actaully came to help you. I worked as a spy for Lincoln in the other mafias, but I also worked around our own because of a suspicion Lincoln had of certain members."
He replied and I slightly nodded.

"I think I know where Lincoln might be."
He announced and my eyes widened, as Enid and John walked in.

**

"John! I need to come!"
I shouted as he and the men loaded their guns and supplied the cars.
"No. You're not coming."
John replied, walking away from me and I followed him.

After we had been told where Lincoln might be everyone has been getting ready to go save him.

John made a plan of who was going, and staying. And he put me amongst the group staying at the estate.

"If we find Lincoln I need to be ther-"
"I said you're not coming."
John hissed, loading his gun and shoving it into its hostler.
"I can defend myself! I need to come, John!"
I exclaimed and he continued to ignore me.

I glared at his back as he began to grab some more ammo, acting like this wasn't important.

"John! Listen to me!"
I shouted and he huffed then turned around to face me.
"If we know where he is, we can get him back. I want to be with him as soon as we find him."
I explained and John shook his head.

"I get that, but you've never used a gun and I'm not risking your life."
He replied and I glared at him.
"John! I'm coming, you can't say otherwise because I'm in charge of you!"
I shouted at him and he spun around to face me.

"No you're not! Lincoln is in charge here! And when he's fucking gone everything is left to me. Now I'm going to go fucking get him back and you're going to stay here because I fucking promised him that if anything were to happen to him, I'd keep you safe!"
He shouted back and I glared at him, tears threatning to escape my eyes.

"Make sure she doesn't get into one of the cars."
He hissed to one of the men that were staying at the estate.
"John!"
I screamed as the man wrapped his arms around me and held me back from following all the men.

My dad walked over and the man released me so my dad hugged me.
"It's ok Anastasia. Deep breaths."
He whispered to me as tears spilled down my face.

"I need to go dad, I need to."
I begged and he shook his head.
"You need to stay safe. Ok?"
He muttered and I buried my face into his chest, sobbing.

"But if they find Lincoln I need to be there. I need to know he's ok."
I whimpered and my dad stroked my back.

"He'll be fine and you'll be back together soon enough. I promise you."
He whispered to me and I hugged him tightly.

**

I paced around in Lincoln's office, waiting for John's call and my parents sat in the chairs near Lincoln's desk.

John would call and let us know if they had found Lincoln or not. I was expecting the call soon but it's been awhile since John had guessed he would call at.

Maybe he had been killed and no one else knew to call. Maybe Lincoln was there and there was a big gun fight happening.

I took a deep breath and continued to pace the office while my parents watched me nervously.

The phone suddenly began to ring and I quickly picked it up, my heart beating quickly.
"Did you find him? Is he ok?!"
I exclaimed and John sighed.

"He's not here Anastasia. No one has been here for over a month. We haven't found him yet, I'm sorry."
John told me and I dropped the phone.

I dropped to my knees on the ground and looked up at the roof. My mom crouched down next to me and rubbed my shoulders while my dad picked up the phone and talked to John.

I leaned into my mom and stared at the ground while she whispered to me as my dad hung up the phone.

"They're coming home now."
He announced and I closed my eyes as my parents decided to bring me to my room.

They tucked me in my bed and I sighed, looking around the room.
"I need those lists."
I muttered and my dad nodded before leaving the room.

My mom pushed my hair back from my forehead and sighed.
"They're going to find him Ana. Don't worry."
She whispered to me and I nodded. My dad walked back in with the lists and a pen.

He handed them to me and I crossed out the place where John and Enid had went.

I then put the lists and pen on my nightstand and my parents sighed.
"Do you need to get some sleep?"
My mom asked me and I nodded.
"They're going to find him."
She whispered, pecking my forehead before leaving the room with my dad.

I stared up at my roof for awhile before climbing out of bed and walking into the closet.

I sat down on the floor and looked around in the closet, before grabbing one of Lincoln's shirts and wrapping it around me.

I closed my eyes and let his scent surround me, resting on the carpeted floor.

We would get him back soon. I knew we would. I could feel it. My bedroom door suddenly opened and I stayed on the closet floor.

"Anastasia?"
John called and I sighed, opening my eyes and sitting up. I walked out of the closet and John looked at me.

He was only wearing the tanktop they wore underneath their suits and his suit pants.

He sighed as I walked closer and I stood in front of him.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry about shouting at you, and I'm sorry for telling you you weren't in charge."
He apologized and I nodded.
"It's fine."
I muttered and he pushed his hand through his hair.

"Lincoln's probably going to beat my ass for yelling at you."
He commented and I chuckled as he half grinned.
"I wont let him."
I replied and he chuckled.

I sighed and rubbed my shoulder.
"I just want to get him home soon. I miss him."
I whispered and John nodded.
"I know."
He muttered and I wiped at my eyes.

"Why didn't they just leave us alone?"
I muttered, tears rolling down my cheeks and John pulled me into him, hugging me tightly.

"We're going to get him back, Anastasia. Don't worry."
He whispered and I nodded.
"I know."
I replied and he hugged me for a bit longer before letting me go.

"You should get some sleep. You don't look too good."
He commented and I nodded. He left my bedroom and I climbed into bed, wrapping Lincoln's shirt tighter around me.

I pulled the duvet up over me and closed my eyes, quickly falling alseep.