Thirteen

I woke up against Lincoln's chest, his arm around my waist. He still slept soundly, softly snoring.

I couldn't hear John so either he was a quiet sleeper or wasn't in the room anymore.

I sat up and slid out of Lincoln's arm, causing him to groan in his sleep. The blankets were folded neatly on the couch and John was nowhere to be seen.

I sighed then got out of bed and left to the bathroom. I grabbed myself a towel then had a quick shower.

When I got out, I wrapped my towel around me and left the bathroom. Lincoln looked at my tiredly from the bed and I walked over.

"How are you feeling?"
I asked pressed my hand against his forehead.
"I'm fine."
He replied and I sighed.
"Can you just lay here with me, for a bit? Before those people come in and check me over."
He muttered and I nodded.

"Of course, I just have to go get dressed and get us some breakfast."
I replied and he nodded then I left. I went into the room where I usually stayed and put on some clothes.

I then started to walk back to the bedroom when I spotted a maid.
"Hi, can you bring Lincoln and I up some breakfast?"
I asked her with a smile. She nodded then walked off.

She must be new. I knew mostly all the maids, but this maid I didn't know, nor have I ever seen before.

I walked into the bedroom and sat back on the bed next to Lincoln. He rolled over with a groan and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head on my thigh.

"I don't really think you should move lots, or lay on your stomach."
I told him running a hand through his hair. He sighed then let go and sat up next to me.

"I'm a bit surprised you actaully chose to help me, instead of freedom."
He announced and I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"I couldn't just let you die, when you didn't really do anything wrong. I mean you did sacrifice yourself for my grandpa. It was the humaine thing to do."
I explained, keeping my head down and he was quiet for a few moments.

"So you're saying the only reason you saved me was because it was humaine?"
He asked and I rolled my eyes, looking up at him.
"Maybe I am maybe I'm not."
I replied and he chuckled.

The maid then walked in and gave us a tray of food.
"Thank you."
I said with a smile and she ignored me then left.

"Ok."
I muttered and Lincoln chuckled and we began to eat.
"Wheres John?"
Lincoln asked and I shrugged. My grandpa then walked into the bedroom, along with my grandma and my parents, and Enid.

They all sat down and I sighed.
"I'd like to know what went down yesterday."
My grandpa told Lincoln and he sighed then rubbed his face.

"Before I...took Anastasia, Max and I had a plan to take down the Ivanov family, we had a plan of who we were going to take out, and I was told to take out you, Nikolai."
Lincoln began and everyone remained silent.

"After I had my spy put in here, he's gone now, I learned of Anastasia. I couldn't wait for Max's bloodthristy plan so I took her, without him knowing at first."
He continued.

"After she told me more of your family and began to grow on me, I realized I couldn't stick with the plan, I couldn't kill your family. And Max didn't agree with that. So he forced me to come here, to kill you by threatening to kill Anastasia, so my plan was to just kill him and I succeeded."
He finished off his explanation with and my grandpa nodded.

"I see."
He muttered and Lincoln nodded.
"Well I'm sure we're all glad to know you no longer plan on killing us."
My grandpa replied and everyone slightly nodded.