•The Train Tracks• Gene X Reader X Zane pt2

very long time no see eh? I'm super sorry about that...and I actually have an announcement...This book will end, after a certain amount of chapters. And no A/Ns do not count as a chapter, I just really want to put this one to an end...but not a quick one...I actually will be making an A/N after this to explain more....so...uh...yeah...

BUT ALSO! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 200K!! LIKE....WHAT?! I JUST GOT 100K AND NOW 200K?! YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST FANS I COULD EVER HAVE!!

And...this is in your POV decided to mix it up...let me know which you like more

* this means there is something at the bottom of the chapter either explaining or showing a picture that goes.

And also yes...there is a lot of train references cause...well you'll see why~~

≈≈≈≈≈Code≈≈≈≈≈
Y/n - Your Name
2/h/c - Hair Color [brunette, blonde, redhead, etc.]
b/w - black/white
G/c - Game Console
≈≈≈≈≈Code≈≈≈≈≈

Three weeks. Three weeks have passed since Gene and I's kiss, nothing special has happened since then. We shrugged it off as nothing, as a fling, nothing more nor less.

I run a hand through my l/s hair as a heavy sigh escapes my lips, my thoughts running wild inside my mind: Did he like it? Does he hate me? Maybe he hated the kiss and not me...

My train of thoughts never stopping, but I wish to get off this horrid ride.

Suddenly, a buzz from my left pocket pulls me out of the train of thoughts and onto the platform that is reality. My shaky hand reaches for my phone that emitted the saving buzz.

A text present on the screen as I unlock my phone, it was from my new found friend: Zane Ro'Meave. His kind yet sarcastic words always uplifting my six-feet under spirit, the new spirit only came two weeks ago when I accepted the fact that Gene might hate me.

His text shining brightly on my phone screen, making a small smile grow onto my features.

'I was wondering if you wanted to do something today, you don't have to if you don't want to of course'

I could see him fiddle with his sweatshirt sleeves, a habit that he was known to do when nervous, I honestly found it quite cute.

I quickly text back an accepting response, maybe I could tame these wild thoughts with help from Zane. I impatiently tap my thumbs on my phone screen while my e/c eyes wander around my bedroom. They first land on my f/c and b/w friendship bracelet that was sitting on top of my vanity, my wrist bare without its tight yet comfortable hold holding onto me.

My wandering eyes land on a picture in a frame on my left nightstand, the picture was of Zane and me last week at the fair. My smile was bright and eyes shining with glee, my right arm wrapped around his shoulders and resting there while my left hand was in the air in a peace sign.

My smile only widens at the sight, the cheer in my eyes and smile, it almost made me want to jump up and down right here and now.

My phone screen lights up once more as I see a response from the emo boy.