*New Start* Gene x Reader x Zane

The first thing I saw was white, white ceiling, white walls, white bed, everything was designed around that color. and to be quite honest it was very bland and boring. 

I look around the room to find nothing really interesting, but judging by the smell and various things around the said room I could already tell where I was. I mentally sighed, I was hoping the last time I was here was...well the last time.

Suddenly, the door slowly opened, a young woman dressed in baby blue scrubs walked in, she slightly gasped as she looked me. "You're awake, that's a relief, your friends were starting to worry" I slightly tilted my head to the side, not understanding what she meant.

"Oh right, you don't know I'm sorry, but it seems your illness has caused you to faint; which lead to you going into a coma for a few days" I should've guessed, it's not like this is the first time. "Luckily, your friend brought you were right away so we were able to treat you well" friend...Zane! we were supposed to go...somewhere, then I guess that's when 'it' happened.

"w...where...f...friends" Though I wanted to say much more, my voice was not allowing it so I had to deal with what I had. "Oh your friends! they just went to go get lunch downstairs, I'll make sure to let them your awake, don't strain yourself, your very weak at the moment since you haven't had any real food or drink for about five days.

I nodded my head and allowed her to do some check my vitals and run other tests.

*Z A N E*

Time seemed to be going slow, too slow for my liking, it's been five days but it seems like five months. "So, what's with you and n/n?" I snap out of my thoughts and look up at Gene, "What do you mean?" "I mean you gotta thing for her or something?" Times like this I'm glad I wear a mask, the said object covering my immensely blushing face. "No...do you?" "Of course not, we're best friends...pft" "Well you two are awkward..." said Aphmau, sitting down at the table.

"I was just asking a question..." said Gene, "Yeah, an awkward one" Aphmau giggled, "Excuse me? are you three here for Y/n L/n?" We all turn around and see a nurse standing there, "Yes, is there any news?" I ask, "Yes, there is actually...It seems that miss l/n has woken and is asking for you three" Immediately all three of us stand up, "Okay! uhm thank you!" Aphmau quickly said, we all nodded and rushed off to Y/n's room.

When we got there she was sitting up and looking at the gifts that we had all gotten for her, she looked up at us and smiled, a smile I thought I would never see again. 

"She can't talk properly right now, just a few words, so please bear with her and try not to strain her too much okay?" The nurse said before walking out of the room, Gene was the first one to have enough guts to go up to her and talk to her; Sitting next to her bed and taking her hand in his.

"Hey...You had a lot of beauty rest huh sleepy head?" He said, making her smile grow bigger, "Me...m...miss you...and...y...you...too" She said looking in my direction, I smile and walk to other side of her bed. "We missed you too, you had us worried you dumbass" Gene said; slightly ruffling her hair, "s...sorry..." "You don't have to be sorry, your health is more important" I say.

She looked in my direction and slowly lifted her hand to touch my mask, "n...no" I blush, knowing exactly what she's talking about. "But...there's other people..." I say looking down; embarrassed. She looks at me with sad and pleading eyes, making me feel guilty. "Fine...but just this once..." Her smile immediately returns as she gently takes off my mask and proceeds to put it on herself. Suddenly Gene looks up from looking at Y/n, "Hey, where's Aphmau?" We both look towards the door and see Aphmau crying hysterically.

"Why are you crying?" Gene asks, "It's just so cute!!" she sobs, Gene rolls his eyes with a scoff.

The rest of our day was spent talking and catching Y/n up on the various things that had happened while she was here, we even had a small dinner all together.

*T I M E  S K I P
Y /N  L / N*

It's been a month since my accident, everything went back to normal, I continued to spend time with Zane and Gene and occatsionally the rest of the neighborhood, but mostly them two.

Nothing really changed and were all good friends, I hope it stays this way.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

And done!! Hello! I finally finished this series and now this book! Just to let you all know I will be editing the book a big to if anything looks different I'm just changing things up a bit~

Also I know this is very short, but I just kinda wanted to get this out, so yeah...

Also it's been hard to update this since I have a new book that I actually want to write, so yes.

I just wanna say thank you all for being with me and this book and I appreciate all of you!
Thank you all so much!
-Saeran