The Writer [06]

"H-Hey! Where are you taking me?!"

Sasuke didn't answer me. He just dragged me along a flight of stairs until we reached the door at the very end. Wait, I think I know where we're heading..

When Sasuke Uchiha swung the door open, a rush of wind swept my bangs. He turned to me and put some stray strands of hair behind my ear. Our eyes clashed and suddenly, I can see a reflection of mixed emotions behind those empty black eyes.

"I'm sorry."

I remained silent. He sighed and faced the view of Konoha High.

"I've hurt you. I.. I've been a jerk several times before. So I can't really blame you if you're mad at me. But now," Sasuke looked at me, a genuine smile crossing his lips, "that doesn't matter, right?"

And when he grasped both my hands, I felt my heart swelled with joy.

"Aishiteru, Sakura-chan."

He kissed my forehead and whispered, "Things will get easier from now on, I promise."

After struggling under his intense gaze, I nodded. I guess, for now, there's no way to defy this reality.

"Hey, baby..don't you love me too?"

Sasuke grinned playfully but I can almost make out the fear in his eyes. Dammit. Why are my knees buckling up? I gulped and nodded my head. "I-I love you, too."

*
"So, you two are finally on good terms?"

Ino asked while having our last period in Kakashi-sensei's class. I told her all about what happened after she apologized for what she did earlier. I sighed. I wonder what's it like to be Sasuke's girl? Should I expect the unexpected?

"Yeah."

My blonde bestfriend smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "Great to have the sane Saku-chan back.. Just don't forget you love him, okay? Or else I'll steal him from you."

She laughed when I glared at her..

Dismissal came and all I could think about were the possibilities of living my normal life in this not-so-normal situation. When I rounded a corridor, I spotted Sasuke leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"Sasuke,"

He smirked at me. "Come on, we're going somewhere."

"Eh?" Where on earth is he taking me at this hour?

Soon enough, he carried my bag and held my hand while walking out onto the streets. People started glaring at me. Tsk! Why am I not surprised?

"U-Um.. Hey, where are we going?"

He gave me a side glance.

"I'm taking you home."

Instantly, my eyes shot wide open at what he said. THE HELL?! And the fact that I can almost make out my Inner's hysterical laughs don't help much.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Hurry up, Sak!

Oh, shut it.

"W-WHAT?! S-S-SASUKE UCHIHA!"

We stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. He laughed heartily and ruffled my hair.

"HAHAHAHA! Why are you so damn cute? Anyway, don't get the wrong idea. I just want you to meet my parents."

I sighed in relief. Phew! "Well then, it's fi----WAIT! WHAT?!"

***